Report: Mass Effect Andromeda Gameplay Information Leaked
A Reddit user claims that he got his hands on a very early edition of BioWare’s upcoming RPG, Mass Effect Andromeda, and he has some gameplay information to share from his experience with it. First things first, the guy’s identity has apparently been verified by Reddit mods and he’s reportedly provided proof of him getting his hands on an early version, but since we haven’t actually seen that “proof,” we’re taking this one with a grain of salt.
Regardless, the information he has to share is in the video above. For those who prefer a written form, here’s a rundown provided on Reddit:
- 2 Squad mates as before, a human blonde and a krogan mentioned
- All squad mates have jetpacks which come into play in exploration
- Omnitool has more functionality, for example a combat shield
- Greater detail in character facial features and models
- Destructible covers
- Completely different ship (I take it as a step away from the frigate sized ship that we saw in Normandy and towards a larger ship, perhaps the one seen here )
- Hints at Mako customization
- ‘Pathfinder quarters’ section in the ship
- Main character is referred to as ‘the pathfinder’
- Story revolves around finding a new home for humanity and other races
- New ship travel system (instead of the old galaxy map) where you manually fly the ship
- Enemies (the main opposing force I assume) are bipedal cross between Vorcha and Collectors
- The (non-human) enemies drop into combat from Cerberus ships (I would assume a placeholder, but if it’s not then it gets interesting)
- One of the antagonists is a human soldier with armor similar to yours but without N7 insignia
Mass Effect Andromeda isn’t out until next year so how much of this is true remains to be seen.
What do our readers make of this info? We’ve reached out to EA for a comment and will update the story once we get a response.