Guitar Hero Live Update Adds Head-To-Head Multiplayer to GHTV With Rival Challenges
In the first big update to GHTV in Guitar Hero Live, developer FreeStyle Games listened to community feedback and added head-to-head multiplayer, along with the ability to view someone else’s playercard and note highway.
Calling it Rival Challenges, when you enter the GHTV channels you’ll be matched up against a similar-skilled opponent in a 1-on-1 song battle twice every 30 minutes. You’ll need to be level 10 or higher to participate, with the winner earning an extra +100 Status XP.
Here’s what you need to know about Rival Challenges:
- To unlock Rival Challenges, you will need to be level 10 or higher. We decided this because once you hit level 10, you will have gained access to Guitar Upgrades and accumulated some Hero Powers, which we think introduces fun and interesting layers of competition.
- Rival Challenges will occur twice in every half-hour show. The song choices will be picked by us, so you’ll always need to be ready!
- Your opponent will be of relatively close skill level, paired with you through our underlying matchmaking technology.
- The winner of each battle earns an extra +100 Status XP, along with bragging rights of course.
- Another bonus is showing off the personalization items you’ve earned in GHTV. When a battle kicks off, both you and your opponent will see each other’s playercard and note highway on screen.
Additionally, if you log into GHTV with zero plays, you’ll be given a daily reward of three plays to try any songs you want on-demand.
Other changes to Guitar Hero Live include the ability to favorite a song, either directly in the on-demand catalog or after you play a song in a channel. The songs will be marked with a heart icon, and you can filter the list as you normally do to just see the favorites.
FreeStyle Games also teased that they’d have some “great holiday-themed shows coming up in GHTV.”
[Source: FreeStyle Games]