Project CARS Update 8.0 out Today on PS4 & PC, Here’s All the Patch Notes
First being made available in Europe, then coming to North America later in the day, Project CARS update 8.0 is live today on PlayStation 4 and PC, with an Xbox One release coming soon.
Reportedly a 6.594GB download on PS4, the new Project CARS update fixes issues with vehicles, adjusts heating on under-inflated tires, and more, as the patch notes reveal:
- McLaren F1 GTR – adjusted cockpit exposure, fixed visual clipping issues.
- Radical RXC Turbo – Fixed typo in statistics file. Engine now correctly displays as V6 not V8, Fixed asymmetry typo in default setup spring rates.
- Lotus 51 – Fixed a typo giving 100 steps to rear fast rebound damper settings instead of 10. Default values were unaffected.
- Renault Megane RS265 – Fixed typo causing asymmetry in default setup springs.
- KTM X-Bow – Fixed clipping on the roof camera.
- Cadwell Park – Fixed an issue where cars while on the main straight would hit the pit wall at a certain spot and be disqualified.
- Ruapuna all layouts – updated the position of the pit exit trigger so it’s after the start line trigger. Full optimisation pass done on all the layouts to improve performance.
Physics, Tires and Setups
- Further adjustment of heating on under-inflated tires where it was reduced as part of the discontinuity fix.
- Fixed issues with players not being able to save setups to DLC tracks, if they started their profile with older versions of the game.
- Fixed long standing missing functionality in Thrustmaster PS4 implementation — the ignore device gain setting was not being honoured meaning the soft lock was being applied at the master gain level instead of full gain.
- DLC cars and tracks will now remain selected between game sessions.
- Fixed a bug where some tracks with forced rolling starts was locking out the rolling start option after moving to a different track.
- Extended joypad and dpad bitfields to include some extra buttons on steering wheels. Added ‘same class as player’ flag in participant info mSector field. Fixed a couple of issues with packet types 1/2 not sending at the correct rate.
You can see PC patch notes over here.
Next week, the Stanceworks X DLC car pack for Project CARS will be available.
If you haven’t grabbed them yet, there’s a number of free cars and liveries available from the PlayStation Store.