Physics-Based Puzzle-Platformer Organic Panic Releases in March 2016 for PS4 & Xbox One
Successfully Kickstarted in 2013, and released through Steam Early Access in 2014, Organic Panic from Last Limb Games is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in March 2016.
In development for over seven years, Organic Panic is a 2.5D physics-based puzzle-platformer that combines destructible levels with fully dynamic fluids, letting you control and manipulate nearly every environmental elements.
“Earth can be smashed through, wood floats and burns, lightning conducts, ice slips and melts, water flows and douses fire, rubber bounces, acid disintegrates, and the list goes on! Basically you’re left to your own devices as to how to use all the powers and physics at your disposal,” Programmer Damon Branch said.
There’s over 200 levels of action and puzzles, with new worlds and game modes keeping Organic Panic fresh over time. In addition to the single-player story mode, which is driven by a twisted comic book, you’ll find local couch co-op and versus modes for up to four players.
Last Limb listed out some of the features in Organic Panic:
- Groundbreaking liquid simulation – With this technology you can literally fill an entire level with completely reactive liquids, all flowing and effecting the level structures, lava will flow with more viscosity, burn wood and heat materials, water will put out fires but evaporate on contact with hot surfaces, and acid will melt through most materials except glass and diamond!
- Puzzles like you have never seen before, using the physics and liquids players are challenged to think in new ways to succeed.
- Loads of fun game modes – Play different game modes, Swapzy, Morphy, Choosy, Timerun. (Including Co-op and Vs (to come) learn them, play them, master them, then build your own levels with these different modes.
- 4 Unique player characters – Play as Kiwi, Carrot, Coconut or Cherry each with their own unique abilities, powers and special powers, learn each one, then work with them in combination. Each players has a completely different and unique abilities, which make for challenging gameplay and longevity.
- Vs Mode increases the fun with wild new powers for each character – Earth Quakes, Fire Storms, Floods, and Gravity Warp fields.
Asked about a PlayStation Vita version, Branch said, “No Vita version, sorry. We used every ounce of processor and GPU speed to get all the liquids and destruction working [on PS4].”