Rainbow Six Siege Update 1.08 Is Live on PS4 & Xbox One, Here’s What Changed
Previously expected next week, then bumped up to yesterday, then delayed to today, Rainbow Six Siege update 1.08 is now available to download on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One following some scheduled maintenance.
Roughly a 750MB download, bringing the total size of all Siege updates to over 3.5GB, 1.08 is designed to “ensure a solid competitive experience before the start of the Rainbow Six Pro League.” In the patch notes below, you’ll find details on cheating countermeasures, spawn killing changes, bug fixes, and more:
Community Health: Cheating Countermeasures
Addition of a Report Button
- We have added a Report Button feature in order to empower the community. This will allow players to flag suspicious behaviors. Those reports will feed directly to our cheating counter-measures to increase their effectiveness.
Introduction of Kill Cam to Ranked
- We are aware that there is a certain widespread sentiment that high level Ranked matches are often ruined by cheaters. We want to deter ‘witch hunting’ as much as possible. While there were legitimate design reasons to remove the Kill Cam from Ranked, we cannot compromise on the quality of our game experience. For this reason, we are enabling the Kill Cam on Ranked matches to remove this ‘hiding spot’ for cheaters. It will help the community as well as ourselves identify suspicious behaviors with a better level of certainty. Given the nature of our game (destruction, observation tools, high lethality), players are very likely to have doubts about what happened when they get killed. This causes confusion whether they died by a legitimate player or a cheater. This doubt causes a negative atmosphere for everyone regardless of the presence of cheaters in the match. Therefore, activating the Kill Cam in Ranked serves two purposes: make it harder for cheaters to hide and improve players’ perception by allowing them to witness how they got killed. In the long term, we will also be working on improving the Kill Cam in order to make it more accurate and reliable.
New Custom Game setting: Infinite Overtime Rounds is now available for competitive play
- It is important for us to provide options to the competitive scene. Therefore, we have added the option to go into infinite overtime in Custom Games. When Overtime Score Difference is set to 2, combined with an infinite Overtime Rounds amount, the game will be resolved only if a team wins by a +2 differential. This ensures the fairest outcome to a match (since our game is asymmetric).
General Tweaks & Improvements
Balance: Spawn Killing Countermeasures
Spawning Location Tweaks
- We have altered multiple spawn positions and covers within spawning location areas in order to ensure that players spawning within them are protected from the Defenders. We believe these tweaks should fix the vast majority of those spawn killing occurrences. We will keep monitoring further to ensure that our spawn locations are safe for Attackers on all maps. For the full detailed list of those tweaks as well as pictures illustrating them, see the bottom, please scroll to the bottom of this post.
Main Bug Fixes
- Operators are in T-Pose and do not display any texture.
- Hit registration: the player sometimes doesn’t receive damage when shot at while in rappel and using a drone.
- Hit registration: Players sometime take no damage when shot in one of their feet.
- Hit registration: Defenders have a difficult time damaging a hostage carrier while he or she is in rappel.
- Weapons sometime appear through walls.
- The drone sometimes flies out of bounds when thrown.
- Sometimes drone falls off the maps.
- Gadgets placed on the ground cannot be put on top of barricade debris.
- The ADS animation sometimes gets corrupted when shield-wielding Operators aim.
- Thermite: sometimes, a reinforced trap door will not be destroyed by an Exothermic Charge.
- Buck: Pressing the gadget key while holding secondary weapon does not go out of Skeleton key mode.
- Glaz: pressing the gadget key while carrying secondary weapon does not switch scope ON and OFF.
- Sledge: hammer can be seen floating in the air during end of round camera.
Level Design Fixes
- Yacht – exploit: players are able to vault near the roof of the front end of the Yacht, inside the ceiling.
- Yacht: the Secure Area objective area doesn’t cover the entire room of the cockpit, preventing the objective to be captured/defended when standing in a specific position.
- Yacht: Defenders cannot place barbed wire on any interior stairs of the map.
- Yacht: drones have no collision with a block of ice at East Glacier.
- Yacht: some red blocking walls not displayed during the Preparation Phase.
- Oregon – exploit: Attackers can shoot Defenders through a small gap (near Junkyard Spawn Point, EXT Dining Hall).
- Oregon: drones have difficulty navigating through the two ventilation shafts near the abandoned school bus.
- Chalet: an invisible collision will prevent characters from shooting at enemies hiding behind it on the 2F near the railing.
- House: players can fall through the map when rappelling near the River Docks area.
- House: pillows have no collision with the players’ gadgets.
- Russian Café: the bottom layer of the destructible wall from the Pillar Dining Room cannot be vaulted after destroying the wall.
- Sometimes, there are lighting issues on maps.
Spectator Mode Fixes
- The score is not replicated correctly for the spectator during character selection screen.
- When spectating, the spectator remains with a white screen if the spectated target is killed while being flashed.
- Spectator sees player’s drone from the wrong perspective.
- Indication of drone elevation in relation to player does not work correctly when in Spectator Mode
- Tactical view focuses on where the Operator dies and does not allow the camera to move freely until the spectator switches to another player’s perspective.
- Graphic corruptions can be seen when switching between players in first person view.
- Players’ full usernames no longer displayed under their logo when focused on in Spectator Mode
- Controller does not vibrate after exiting from spectate mode and playing in any mode.
- PC: The spectator cannot open the Options menu using the F10 key.
- The countdown (15/10/5 seconds remaining) announcer voice over still happens after the defuser has been planted when the bomb is planted late in the round.
- PS4: PS4 players met feature from the friends tab in the play station dynamic menu has no functionality.
The next Rainbow Six Siege expansion is expected in April 2016, with details TBA.
Save up to 30% on R6 Credits! Get new operators and more faster with R6 Credits. Sale runs March 1 through March 8. pic.twitter.com/jH2NX5oxyQ
— Rainbow Six (@Rainbow6Game) March 3, 2016