The Division Update in April Will Add Loot Trading & an Incursion, First Expansion out in June
Offering further details on their post-launch plans for The Division, Ubisoft announced today that free updates in April and May will add new incursions, new features to the Dark Zone, loot trading, and more:
Incursions (April 2016)
- The first free update will introduce the first incursion, a new challenging end-game activity developed specifically for squad play. Teams will be able to test their skills as they face seemingly unstoppable enemies to gain high-level weapons and equipment. This update will also add one of the community’s most-wanted feature, loot trading; allowing players in the same group to trade loot collected during a co-op game session.
Conflict (May 2016)
- The second free update will add new features to the Dark Zone and add a new incursion in the iconic Columbus Circle.
After launch, there will also be new tasks and challenges within the main storyline and endgame through daily missions, weekly missions, and Dark Zone events.
Looking ahead to the three paid expansion packs, Underground arrives in June, with Survival and Last Stand releasing in summer and winter:
Expansion I: Underground (June 2016)
- This first major expansion lets players explore the uncharted underworld of New York City. Players will chase deadly enemies with up to three other Agents through an endless maze of tunnels and subways.
Expansion II: Survival (Summer 2016)
- This expansion will challenge players to survive as long as possible by gathering essential supplies in a very hostile environment.
Expansion III: Last Stand (Winter)
- A new threat rises as players and their squad must prepare to defend against a relentless foe.
As we learned last month, DLC is expected first on Xbox One, with PlayStation 4 getting it 30 days later.
The Division releases on March 8, with PS4 pre-loading beginning on March 6.