Blackguards Definitive Edition Available on PS4 & Xbox One in Summer 2016
A turn-based tactical RPG, Blackguards Definitive Edition is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in summer 2016, Kalypso Media announced today.
Developed by Daedalic Entertainment, Blackguards Definitive Edition is a new version of the 2014 PC game, which adds the Untold Legends DLC. In this piece of content, light is shed on the dark past of a Blackguards character, and also includes new weapons, battle maps, quests, and music.
As for the game itself, Blackguards sees you playing as an outlaw falsely accused of murder. Traveling to Ascania to take revenge on those who betrayed you, you’re accompanied by a shady group of adventurers with questionable motives.
Promising more than 60 hours of playtime, here’s the description for Blackguards Definitive Edition:
Play as a warrior, mage, or hunter and create your ideal character. Draw upon a wide selection of skills and spells to defend yourself again adversaries. Experience a story of intrigue, betrayal, and shocking twists in the challenging campaign. Who can you trust, if you don’t even trust yourself?
Features of Blackguards – Definitive Edition:
- Strategically demanding – More than 180 unique Battle Maps keep your tactical skills sharp with new challenges. With 40 special skills and over 90 spells, you decide how to dominate the battlefield.
- Turn-based strategy meets RPG – A complex combat system facilitates tactical and immersive battles with interactive objects and traps.
- Questionable companions – Criminals, murderers and addicts will accompany you on your quest. But don’t worry – you’ll fit right in with the seven playable and customizable characters.
- An epic story – Murder and treachery are a fact of life in the world of Blackguards. Your decisions have far-reaching consequences both for your group of ‘heroes’ and the fate of the entire world.
- More than 60 hours play time – Countless main and side quests provide variety and ensure there’s never a dull moment.
- Exotic locations – Discover the most remote corners of Aventuria and become enchanted by the idyllic, hand-drawn scenery.
- Exclusive content – The Definitive Edition includes the “Untold Legends” DLC which sheds light on the dark past of a Blackguards character and also comes with new weapons, battle maps, quests and music.
A trailer isn’t available for the Definitive Edition, so we’ve included the PC teaser from 2013 above.
[Source: Kalypso Media (Twitter)]