Brutal Speedrunning First-Person Shooter Lovely Planet Hits PS4 on April 5
Described as a “first-person shooter gun ballet,” Lovely Planet from developer QuickTequila is coming to PlayStation 4 and Wii U on April 5 in North America and Europe, publisher tinyBuild announced today.
Featuring fast-paced levels, five worlds, 100 levels (with online leaderboards), secrets, stars to collect, and “an approach to shooters that will take you back to the golden days of classics like Doom and Wolfenstein,” but with less blood and more rainbows, Lovely Planet tasks you with reaching the goal in the fastest time possible.
Calling it a “back-to-basics first-person shooter, tinyBuild’s Alex Nichiporchik adds, “There’s none of these fancy medpacks, or regenerating health, or gritty realism to be found here — you shoot, you jump, you get hit, you die, you try again.”
Here’s the description as it appears on Steam:
With boots of speed on your feet, an infinite supply of bullets for your semi-automatic and the ability to jump over twice your own height, you’re well equipped to go up against any enemy on your quest to reach Lovely Planet! Balance between jumping around dodging bullets and taking aim for a better shot at your enemies, don’t waste time camping at cover spots and waiting for enemies to pop out – artfully evade the onslaught of bullets and defeat all baddies that stand in your way!
- The most authentic First Person Shooter experience, a game of jumping and shooting
- Hundred levels to master, five worlds to discover, one faraway destination
- Learn and practice each level to earn stars and set world records
- Search for multiple secrets hidden deep within each world
- Precise Gun Ballet at a flawless 60 frames per second! (conditions apply)
- A story so abstract, it’s not told at all – you won’t know what hit you
- Original Soundtrack by Calum Bowen
Will you be getting Lovely Planet?