Ratchet & Clank PS4 Install Size and Download Size Revealed, Reviews Should Appear on Monday
On Twitter, developer Insomniac Games released an image of the Ratchet & Clank PlayStation 4 box art, confirming that it will require a 28GB install.
If you’re getting Ratchet & Clank through the PlayStation Store, Sony says it requires a 24.5GB download. Additionally, digital pre-orders in North America unlock at 12pm ET on Tuesday, April 12, and they come with a bonus theme and The Bouncer weapon.
Insomniac Games also answered some questions on Twitter, saying that some planets in Ratchet & Clank are gone, while others are combined, when compared to the 2002 original. They then explained to a user what’s new in the PS4 version:
- The controls are modern, which fundamentally changes ALL of the gameplay
- Every asset was built from scratch, all the enemies designed to work with modern Ratchet gameplay
- Almost every weapon in this game wasn’t in the 2002 game, huge expansions to areas and reworked encounters
- Brand new clank gameplay, boss gameplay, flight gameplay, 60 minutes of new cinematics, a card system
- Weapon upgrades and raritanium upgrades, 20 minutes of film footage, multiple brand new levels
- Plus elements like the jet pack from Into the Nexus.
- And even if you want to say “some environment layouts are similar” the game is being released at $40
Insomniac added that you should see Ratchet & Clank reviews beginning on Monday morning.
Asked about a PlayStation Vita version of Ratchet & Clank, Insomniac said, “No plans. PS4 only.”
You can also grab a free static theme from the PS Store right now:
— PlayStation (@PlayStation) April 5, 2016
Ratchet & Clank releases on April 12 in North America for PS4, with the movie following on April 29. In Europe, Ratchet & Clank will be available on April 20, with the movie out shortly after.
As for the later April 22 release in the UK, Insomniac replied, “SCEE determines that. There was some behind the scenes logistic issues.”