The Division Tops YouTube’s March 2016 Trending Games List
Tom Clancy’s The Division was YouTube’s top trending game of March 2016, the website has announced via a press release. This doesn’t come as much of a surprise as the game broke sales records within 24 hours of its release and was quite a hit with players.
- Tom Clancy’s The Division: The Division had the biggest first week of any new video game franchise, and it’s our #1 trending game of March.
- Mortal Kombat X: This 2015 title returns to the trending charts thanks to the March release of Kombat Pack 2, featuring new characters like Leatherface.
- Clash Royale: The latest real-time mobile strategy game from the developers of Clash of Clans.
- EA Sports UFC 2: The first sequel in EA Sports’ newest franchise.
- Dark Souls III: The punishingly difficult series returns to the U.S. next week, but, because it’s already out in Japan, gamers are getting a jump on the Let’s Plays.
- Pokkén Tournament: The Pokémon game where they finally just hit each other made its worldwide console debut in March.
- Stardew Valley: This indie game about inheriting and maintaining your grandfather’s farm made a huge debut in March, led by Let’s Plays from Markiplier and Jacksepticeye.
- Minecraft: Story Mode: Minecraft remains YouTube’s biggest game by a large margin, and episode 5 of this Minecraft spin-off was released in March.
- Subnautica: Was also trending in January, and comes to Xbox One in April. Could this be YouTube Gaming’s next open-world survival phenomenon?
- Disney Infinity 3.0: Released the Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set in March, as well as new Zootopia figures, of course.
Any surprises for our readers on this list?