Bungie Weekly Update Targets Post-Update Issues, Teases Destiny’s Fall Content Drop
In the latest edition of Bungie Weekly Update, the studio has targeted a handful of issues that came to the fore shortly after the premiere of Destiny‘s April update.
Said problems largely revolve around missing rewards, with Guardians reporting instances where select weekly rewards –Legendary engrams and Sterling Treasure Mystery Bags, for example — aren’t distributed if you jump straight to orbit without waiting until the post-game report.
Elsewhere, there’s also word of sporadic ammunition drops in PvE encounters, which Bungie is also said to be investigating. In closing, the developer offered a brief teaser ahead of the shooter’s major fall update. Similar in nature to The Taken King, Bungie noted that “later on this summer, we’ll show you the scope, scale, and flavor for the next challenge you’ll face.”
Here’s a full rundown of the known issues:
- To unlock the new April Update Quests “At the Gates” and “Return to the Prison”, Characters must have reached Level 40 and completed the “Dread Patrol” Quest Step.
- We are aware of an issue where some players’ Clan Tags are not appearing in-game after accepting Update 2.2.0. Using the “Repair Clan” feature on Bungie.net should resolve this issue. For additional information, please see this Help Article.
- Page numbers displayed within the Vault will increase or decrease depending on the amount of items you actively have within your Vault. For more information, follow this link. Vault Space totals are now as follows:
72 General Items
- The Year 2 Prison of Elders Exotics Dreg’s Promise, Queenbreakers’ Bow, and Lord of Wolves may be earned by completing Prison of Elders Challenge Mode Activities. These may not be acquired via Exotic Weapon Blueprints.
- Some weekly rewards, such as Legendary Engrams or Sterling Treasure Mystery Bags, are granted via Post Game Carnage Reports. These rewards may not be granted if you leave the activity before seeing this screen.
- Players are reporting less ammunition than expected dropping in specific PvE encounters. We’re investigating and looking at data.
- Universal Remote (a Primary Weapon) is decrypting from Special Weapon Engrams. Investment designers are looking into why this Exotic Shotgun has forgotten its role.
- Ghosts are dropping as rewards for Nightfall Strikes with lower Light than expected. A fix is being planned for a future deployment.
- Cryptarch Rank Up packages are granting Year One Engrams. We also hope to fix this in a future deployment.
Tell us, did you encounter any of the aforementioned issues in Destiny‘s April update? Do let us know.