The King of Fighters XIV Adds Mai Shiranui and New Entrant Banderas Hattori to the Roster
SNK Playmore’s latest teaser trailer for The King of Fighters XIV reveals two more characters that are set to join the game’s roster: Mai Shiranui and Banderas Hattori. Mai Shiranui has been described as SNK’s “most emblematic and popular female character” whereas Banderas Hattori is a new fighter who is apparently “keen on ninjas.”
In related news, Atlus USA has announced that it’ll be teaming up with SNK to bring the game to North America, and promised the following features:
• 3D Evolution: All 50 fighters, movesets and more are rendered in full 3D graphics that preserves the essence of KOF’s visual style but updates it with a whole new dimension.
• The Best Refinement since KOF ’98: Through extensive playtesting and balancing, the controls have been streamlined, and the Combo and Max Mode mechanics have been overhauled to create the most competitive fighter in SNK’s history.
• The KOF Saga Continues: There’s a robust single-player storyline where several years have passed since the previous KOF tournament. Now a worldwide business, the global KOF will decide who is the strongest as both individuals and companies with their own ambitions have come to compete. Players compete against CPU-controlled opponents to unlock the storyline.
• The Best Roster Yet: There are 50 fighters total, with 31 returning from previous entries into the KOF series, and 19 brand new characters. All 50 characters will be available at the game’s launch.
• Revamped Online Experience: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV has devoted a lot of development time to improving the game’s netcode for vastly improved online gameplay. KOF XIV uses the PS4’s online architecture to have a whole host of online conveniences, from spectating to saving replay/battle data, and having a single online KOF XIV profile to connect with friends.
The King of Fighters XIV is scheduled to launch this year.