Dead Star Update Today Addresses Connection Loss, Improves Drop Rates for Rare Loot
Taking player feedback into account, developer Armature Studio revealed that a new Dead Star update is out today on PlayStation 4 and PC.
As the patch notes reveal, this update tackles connection loss issues, increases drop rates for rare loot, adds some balance changes, and much more:
- Connection fixes for players with custom MTU settings or those connecting using PPPoE.
- Herald – EMP Spark – Added a small slowdown debuff to the EMP effect.
- Warden – Fix for the Shock Launcher orb sometimes hitting targets twice.
- Small balance tweaks to various ships
- Fixed light and particle colors for some ships when they are on a Capital Ship Crew.
- Fixed an issue where Level 1 Outposts would sometimes not respawn their Guardian AI units.
- Removed “Defense Lockdown” invulnerability shield from Level 4 Outposts
- Increased Turrets’ shield regeneration delay from 1s to 3s.
Capital Ship Escape Run
- Increased the chance of earning a Capital Ship Contract in normal match play and for Capital Ship Tactical Actions.
- Improved the rewards earned for attacking Capital Ships.
- Capital Ship Contract Rewards can now be restored by repairing Capital Ship node.
- Reduced the Ore requirement for rebuilding a destroyed Capital Ship node.
- Increased the delay between attack waves of Guardian AI in Capital Ship crisis sectors.
- Reduced the overall health and the shield regen rate for high level assassin Guardian AI in Capital Ship crisis sectors.
- Added missing Jump count display in the Capital Ship Lobby.
- Improved the visuals and audio for escape sequence.
- Added support for unique Event alerts when players log into the service.
- Various small bug fixes with menu flow.
- Added an “Augment” indicator next to the Augment entry in the ship configuration menus (Hangar, Lobbies)
- Moved the Ace Pilot page to be the second page in the After Action report.
- Added ambient audio to the front end.
- Fix for Capital Ship music theme not playing in the Capital Ship lobby.
- Various stability and performance improvements.
- The match start countdown is no longer paused while teams are being balanced.
- Modified the chance of maps containing an Event.
If you missed their previous announcement, Armature does one hour of maintenance to Dead Star every Tuesday beginning at 7am PT/10am PT.
If you’re a PlayStation Plus member and still haven’t grabbed Dead Star yet, it’s available in the Instant Game Collection until May 2.