Hitman Episode Two: Sapienza Gets a Launch Trailer, Upcoming Update Reduces Load Times By 50%
With Hitman Episode Two: Sapienza launching on Tuesday, April 26, Io-Interactive has released the launch trailer, giving you a look at what to expect while you’re in the coastal town of Sapienza, Italy.
Featuring the World of Tomorrow story mission, here’s everything you’ll find in Episode Two: Sapienza when it launches next week on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC:
New Destination: Sapienza
- New Story mission: World of Tomorrow
- 10 new Opportunities for ‘World of Tomorrow’
- 20 levels of Sapienza Mastery, with the following unlocks: 8 new Sapienza starting locations; (+1 starting location unlocked via a challenge); 8 new Sapienza Agency Pickup locations; 6 new weapon/gear unlocks
- New suit for Sapienza: Italian Suit
- 75+ Sapienza-specific challenges
- 7 new trophies/achievements
- New ‘The Sarajevo Six’ Contract. Target 2: The Enforcer. (PS4 Exclusive)
Live Content for Sapienza
- New Escalation Contracts, Elusive Targets & New Featured Contracts (Contracts Mode)
Native Ambient Audio
- Added an audio layer for Sapienza that will play native ambient dialogue in crowded areas.
‘Hide in Plain Sight’ Options
- The Sapienza location includes more options for Agent 47 to ‘blend in’ whilst wearing his suit.
Opportunities System Improvements
- Persistent reveals: When a player has ‘revealed’ an Opportunity once using the pop-up tracker, they are not required to do so when they encounter the opportunity on future playthroughs.
- Fail Categories: Added categories to explain why an opportunity was failed. Note: The above Opportunity improvements are only implemented in Sapienza. Opportunities in the ICA Facility and Paris destinations are not affected.
On Monday, April 25, Io-Interactive will release a new Hitman update on PS4 and Xbox One that reduces load times and restart times across all locations by “approximately 50%.” They’ll also add a reconnect option for people playing online who get disconnected, allowing them to resume play without losing any progress, instead of returning to the main menu.
Here’s some of the other changes coming in the update:
Challenge Verbosity Settings
Players can now choose between three options for how challenge descriptions are displayed in the game menu.
- Full: All Challenge information is shown.
- Minimal: Only the image and name of the Challenge are shown
- Off: Only the image of the Challenge is shown.
Weapon HUD Settings
Added three options for displaying the holstered/equipped weapon icon.
- Full: Show weapon HUD for equipped and holstered weapon.
- Minimal: Show weapon HUD only for equipped weapon.
- Off: Don’t show weapon HUD.
- Added an option for players to access the intel menu immediately after finding new intel.
Will you be heading to Sapienza next week?