Sky Force Anniversary Set for Summer 2016 Release on PS4, PS3 & PS Vita
A recreation of the 10+ year old Sky Force, Sky Force Anniversary is coming to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita in summer 2016, Crunching Koalas and Infinite Dreams announced today. It will feature cross-buy and cost $9.99, but a Platinum Trophy won’t be included.
An air-based shoot ’em up, Sky Force Anniversary includes a single-player campaign where you have to save the world from the evil General Mantis. You’ll do this by destroying enemies, collecting funds, rescuing civilians, and enhancing your ship with new power-ups.
The description adds:
Sky Force Anniversary allows players to choose between various types of weapons, passive skills and power-ups, starting from the impenetrable magnetic shield and ending with the mighty mega-bomb that annihilates all visible enemies with a huge blast. Enemies? What about them? Well, there’s a plethora of opponents and bosses waiting on every corner, there are tanks, fighters, choppers, ships, turrets, bombers – basically, Sky Force Anniversary has them all.
Completing the main campaign won’t be the end – players can invite their friends and play the game in Local Co-op mode, fulfill additional goals like completing a mission without a scratch or rescuing all civilians, and finally, they can compete with others by participating in weekly tournaments that take place on unique new levels, updated every 7 days.
Key game features
- Take part in a beautifully crafted Single Player campaign
- Rescue fallen friends and collect funds to enhance your ship by buying shields, guns, missiles, lasers, mega-bombs and many more
- Fight hordes of enemies, confront gargantuan bosses and defeat General Mantis – the nasty leader of evil forces
- Invite your friends and experience an adrenaline-packed 2 player local co-op mode
- Compete in weekly tournaments that take place on unique, new levels, updated every 7 days
Infinite Dreams Co-Founder Marek Wyszyński added that the Vita version supports the system’s native resolution and runs at 30 frames-per-second.
As for the Platinum Trophy, Wyszyński said, “Unfortunately not, Platinum Trophies are reserved only for bigger titles. But don’t worry, the Trophies we prepared should be enough to make you sweat ;).”
[Source: PS Blog]