Dead Island Definitive Collection Trailer Offers up Some Dead Facts, Beheadings
Titled Dead Facts, the new trailer for Dead Island Definitive Collection today features gameplay, lots of beheadings, and some facts about the games.
If you missed the original announcement, Dead Island Definitive Collection includes Dead Island Definitive Edition, Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition, and Dead Island Retro Revenge for $39.99/€39.99/£29.99. You’ll also be able to purchase the two remastered titles for $19.99/€19.99/£14.99 each digitally.
Here’s the upgrades you’ll find in the Definitive Collection:
Higher Quality Textures
- Game textures have been redone in a higher resolution and the level of quality has been improved across the board
Photorealistic new lighting system
- The lighting system in the game has been vastly improved, providing a much more realistic look to the beautiful sunny tropical setting
Physically based shading
- The introduction of new physically based shading techniques due to the latest iteration of the Chrome Engine means a higher quality look to the game models and objects as they react in a more realistic way to various lighting conditions
Image quality enhancements via anti-aliasing
- The addition of more sophisticated anti-aliasing means that console players can now experience Dead Island without unsightly jaggies meaning a much cleaner look throughout
Improved-quality game models and geometry assets
- All major geometry assets (for example: NPCs and character models) highlight a marked quality increase
HBAO and motion blur effects
- The introduction of Horizon-based Ambient Occlusion adds an extra layer of depth and realism to the world. Through a better implementation of object shadows, while the all-new motion blur effects will provide a much more cinematic feel to the game experience
Updated game UI
- Providing a more consistent look between both Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide. Increase to equal quality level for seamless game experience
The Current-gen Console Experience
- The Dead Island Definitive Collection will also of course take advantage of the latest console features such as Online 4 Player Co-op, PS Vita Remote-Play (PS4), Share-Play (PS4), streaming and recording
Power Fists Power-up
- And last but not least, the fan favorite unofficial PC mod will also now be added to both products. Punch your way through the mayhem with craziest power-up, ever
Dead Island Definitive Collection launches on May 31 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.