No New Rockstar Game Planned for Current Fiscal Year, Confirms Take-Two
This is hardly surprising but for the sake of an official confirmation, Take-Two Interactive’s CEO, Strauss Zelnick, said in an earnings call that there’s no new Rockstar game planned for the current fiscal year. Discussing fiscal 2017 in its earnings report earlier this week, Take-Two had said that the Grand Theft Auto studio was working on some “exciting future projects” that will be revealed soon.
The current fiscal year ends on March 31, 2017.
That said, we’ll at least get to see what the developer is working on sometime soon. E3 2016 isn’t far from now and although it remains to be seen whether Rockstar will make an appearance in some way or not, Zelnick has confirmed that Take-Two will be at the event in a “big way.”
Back in April, Rockstar became the subject of several rumors as a map purportedly from a Red Dead Redemption sequel leaked online but it’s unclear if it’s authentic or not.
When do our readers think is the earliest we’ll see something from Rockstar?