Homefront: The Revolution’s Game-Breaking Bug Getting Fixed Next Week, Patch 1.4 in Final Testing
Homefront: The Revolution‘s game-breaking bug, which prevented some users from progressing in the campaign, will be fixed with patch 1.4 next week. Developer Dambuster Studios had initially hoped to release the update this week but we’re told that it needed to be tested thoroughly or else we’d be “back to square one.”
Over on the game’s forum, the studio offered the following preview for the update. The changes apply to all platforms unless otherwise stated.
· Save Stalls – We have optimized the number of checkpoint save locations throughout the single player campaign. This means that the short ‘pauses’ that the player encounters are reduced and the game will now inform you that it is saving.
There will also be further optimizations in an upcoming patch.
· Missing Map Icons – Players who were missing icons after updating to the v1.03 patch should now see their progress restored. You should now be able to continue your game, however there may be some slight inconsistencies with the hearts & minds stats.
· Crash Fixes – We have fixed many crash related issues across all platforms
· Multicore CPU’s (PC) – PC players should now see better performance from their CPU. We fixed an issue that meant multicore CPU’s were not being fully utilized.
The team have all worked tremendously hard and are already working on further patches that will contain even more reported issues and fixes.
Some of these will include:
- SLI Fixes
- Fix for Hearts & Minds progress in the Ashgate District not progressing correctly
- Fix for non-english characters used in login names
These will join many other fixes which we will release when that patch goes live.
Resistance Mode Content
This weekend, we are dropping 2 new outfits for your Resistance Mode character. “Back from the Dead” and “Crash Landing” that will be available from the ‘Veteran Gear Crate’. Alongside the outfits, 2 new Boosters and 3 new Pharmas will make there way into the Armory.
– Cash +20%
– XP + 20%
– Pussycats – Silent Movement
– Cuttlefish – Less chance of being targeted
– Coags (increased bleed out time)
We’ll update our readers when detailed patch notes are available.
[Source: Homefront Game]