Yacht Club Games Gauging Fan Interest in Shovel Knight 2, Other Game Ideas
In a new survey from Shovel Knight developer Yacht Club Games, they’re asking fans what they’d like to see next from them.
Noting that “all games would be in a retro graphical style, similar to Shovel Knight,” and that this is merely a suggestion poll to gauge excitement, Yacht Club Games lists these options, which include Shovel Knight 2:
- Shovel Knight 2 – A sequel to Shovel Knight, with everything you loved about the first game, incremental gameplay changes, and a cool new cast of characters!
- Shovel Knight and Shield Knight – Multiplayer-only side-scrolling platforming prequel where all levels are traversed cooperatively. Play the entire game with a friend, maybe even online!
- Shovel Kart – Classic mode 7 style racing featuring the cast of Shovel Knight in unique vehicles, racing with power-ups and wacky situations. Including battle modes!
- A Mega Man – Side-scrolling platformer about jumping and shooting, with creative platforming, unique bosses, and weapon upgrades, and some degree of nonlinearity.
- A Metroid – Thematically cohesive side-scrolling platformer/shooter with an interconnected map, stuffed with secrets and gated by mobility items!
They also list options for games similar to Mario, Zelda, Spelunky, Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest, Mario RPG, Contra, and Landstalker/Solstice.
As for the first Shovel Knight, Yacht Club Games is still developing content for it. This includes two new campaigns starring Specter Knight and King Knight (there’s no release window for either, but Specter Knight will be out first), and two new modes: Body Swap and Battle Mode (a multiplayer mode for consoles). Like Plague of Shadows, all announced upcoming content will be free for everyone.
Additionally, Yacht Club Games announced that a limited physical version of Shovel Knight for PlayStation Vita is being released in early October for $24.99 through FanGamer. It will include a 42-page color instruction manual, cross-save, all version 2.0 content, and be region-free.
What do you want to see next from Yacht Club Games?