Bungie Explains How Destiny Changes for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 Players
Having announced that it’ll be referring to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 as “legacy consoles,” Bungie has shed some light on how Destiny will change for last-gen players going forward. While the developer has promised to continue supporting older platforms, those using them will not be able to play the Rise of Iron expansion, and starting August, will have limited access to content and updates.
Up to this point, player progression between current and Legacy Consoles in the same family has been shared by each account. This summer, that experience will fork onto two separate paths that will no longer share progression.
Bungie has set up a support page, which guides players on what to do next if they want to switch over to current-gen consoles. If you don’t want to switch, here’s what you’ll have limited access to:
- Future Game Updates and Content Releases
- Some Destiny Events and Content
- Purchasing Silver
- Accessing new Eververse Item purchases across console generations
- Some Destiny Companion features on the Mobile App and Bungie.net
If you want to convert, here are the requirements:
- Must upgrade within the same console family
- Must login to Destiny using the same PSN ID or Xbox Gamertag
- Must perform an Account Import beginning in August 2016
- May need to re-purchase some Destiny content for the new console
For full details and additional help, head over here.