Top-Down Racer Mantis Burn Racing Coming to PS4 & Xbox One in 2016
Now available through Steam Early Access, with a PlayStation 4 and Xbox One release happening later in 2016, Mantis Burn Racing from VooFoo Studios (Hustle Kings) is a newly announced top-down racing game.
As VooFoo explains, Mantis Burn Racing includes an extensive career mode, four-player local split-screen, online play for up to eight players, and customizable and upgradeable vehicles. They also plan to support the game post-launch with free and paid DLC packs.
Technology Director Mark Williams said:
We’re delighted to be bringing Mantis Burn Racing to PC and consoles. The pedigree of our studio and our success has allowed us to create a game we believe will be one of the best looking and most immersive in its genre. We’re really excited to welcome fans into Early Access to gain the feedback which will help us shape the game’s development.
Here’s a full list of all the features in Mantis Burn Racing:
- Comprehensive Career Mode – Test every aspect of your driving ability in a compelling career structure where you choose your progression path on the road to being crowned Mantis Burn Racing Champion.
- Bumper-to-Bumper Racing – Jump the sand dunes of sun-scorched Sand Town or burn rubber on the asphalt city streets of New Shangri-la in high-risk, high-speed but most of all, highly competitive racing.
- Incredible Vehicles – Choose from a roster of fully customisable built-for-racing vehicles in 3 distinct categories, each with their own unique handling and performance traits with speedy dune-buggies, versatile road-racers and super-strong 6-wheeler trucks competing side-by-side in the same race.
- Stunning Visuals – Race across stunning reversible tracks located in 2 distinct environments with incredible photo-realistic visuals for crystal clear high-octane racing.
- Utterly Believable – Enter a world of realistic, but fun, vehicle handling and dynamic destructible environments where tyres screech and barriers fly.
- Deep Upgrade System – Fine tune your vehicle’s appearance, handling and performance to your exact preference and playing style via a deep, tactical upgrade system that offers an almost infinite amount of vehicle variations, creating a unique race experience for every player.
- Challenging Game Modes – Master demanding game modes that keep the extensive solo career fresh and exciting.
- Intense Multiplayer – 4 player local split-screen racing with extensive online modes for up to 8 players allowing players worldwide to race together seamlessly.
- Original Soundtrack – Race to an original ambient-electro soundtrack written especially for the game.
- Regular Updates – Regular content updates during Early Access with add-ons planned post full launch, including free and paid content packs.
The regular price for Mantis Burn Racing on Steam is £9.99/$12.99/€12.99.