Worms W.M.D. Releases on August 23 for PS4, Xbox One & PC
Worms W.M.D. is releasing on August 23 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC through retail and digital stores, Team17 announced today.
By pre-ordering Worms W.M.D., you’ll receive the All-Stars content, which adds exclusive content based on a variety of different games:
- Rocket League – Worms fans worldwide are eager to cause mayhem with the all-new, mega-powerful Tank in Worms W.M.D , but wait until they get their hands on the Rocket League Octane Battle-Car! Soccer meets driving meets Worms. What’s not to like?
- Goat Simulator – Use the Goat-on-a-Rope weapon to strike fear into the hearts of your enemies as the goat swings around the gorgeous digitally painted 2D landscapes using its sticky tongue to hone in on them! Laugh maniacally as the homicidal maniac with hooves explodes, turning your opponents’ troops into worm meat! We also have a pretty cool Goat Simulator three mask set. Because, why not?
- PAYDAY 2 – It’s Payday time for the worms. Stick it to the man by dressing your invertebrate chums up in the masks that have become iconic for millions of PAYDAY 2 fans around the world and plan your attack looking like a total badass. They’ll never take you alive!
- Saints Row IV – The most outrageous, over-the-top action franchise in videogames, arrives in Worms W.M.D in the form of the Dubstep gun from Saints Row IV. This baby can inflict massive damage whilst making pedestrians (and worms) dance. Yes, dance. Team17 is proud, and slightly nervous, to announce that the Dubstep Gun will be bringing the dance-pocalypse as one of our mounted guns in honour of this awesome weapon.
- Unturned – The free-to-play zombie survival sensation, where millions of users try their best to stay alive, shuffles into Worms W.M.D in search of brains! And in homage to this popular zomb-fest, Worms fans can dress their slimy pals in a three mask set and wage war in an Unturned mission.
- Broforce – Coming to the explosive rescue of worms everywhere is the fan favourite Broforce Turkey Bomb, bringing the pain in Worms W.M.D. And that’s not all! The Liberty Strike is a Broforce flavoured airstrike which will rain down fiery hell from the skies. Booyah!
- Orcs Must Die! Unchained – The War Mage and Sorceress have vowed to protect the world and guard the rifts. But sometime after the last great battle, trouble is brewing again. Whilst we wait for the Orc Invasion, we can dress our worms up in this Orcs Must Die! three mask set and unleash the excellent crafted minions weapon.
- Yooka-Laylee – Dress your worms up as one of gaming’s most anticipated double acts with the awesome Yooka-Laylee seven mask set!
- The Escapists – A three mask set from the award-winning 2015 hit The Escapists is a must-have accessory for all wormy wannabe escapists. And if you want somewhere different to escape to, there’s a new mission waiting for you.
- Classic Worms – Ahhhh, precious memories of mutually-assured worm destruction! Don’t you just wish you could re-live them? We’ve got you covered! Unleash the Ming Vase, Sheep Launcher and Kamikaze weapons, get stuck into five classic missions and head into battle in a classic Worms three mask set!
It doesn’t appear as though there’s any PlayStation-exclusive content, but Xbox One players also get the Rare All-Stars, while Steam players get Team Fortress 2 content.
As for the game itself, you’ll find 30 campaign levels of increasing difficulty, using new and old weapons, new vehicles, and buildings to help you win the battle. There’s also local and online multiplayer where you can play against up to five opponents “in hilarious all-out tactical worm warfare with up to eight worms each.”
You can read our E3 2016 preview of Worms W.M.D. over here.
[Source: PS Blog]