Tactical God-Sim Reus Making Its Way to PS4 & Xbox One in Q3 2016
Available through both retail and digital stores, tactical god-sim Reus is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Q3 2016, Soedesco Publishing and developer Abbey Games announced today.
As the trailer explains, Reus is a god game where you control nature through four super-powered giants, shaping the planet as you see fit. With each giant having their own strengths, you can help humanity prosper and evolve. But, if you’re not careful, they’ll begin waging war on each other and the giants.
Here’s the list of features in Reus:
- Terra-form the planet to your will, experiment with different terrain types
- A complex system of upgrades and synergies allows for endless styles of play
- Observe humanity, let your giants praise or punish them
- Enjoy an interesting art style and a strong soundtrack
- Enrich the planet with over 100 plants, animals and minerals
- Unlock new content by helping humanity achieve numerous developments
As Soedesco’s Esther Kuijper explains, modes in Reus will let you play in sessions of 30, 60, and 120 minutes:
You start out with the 30 minute mode called “Era,” in which you have to get your planet as evolved as possible within the time limit. While playing, you will unlock several developments and power-ups if you do well. With those, you will be able to evolve the world further and unlock longer “Era” modes (60 minutes and 120 minutes). If that sounds overwhelming, you can always try the beginner and freeplay modes. In the latter, you can play as long as you want, but you will not earn any developments. Perfect for stress-free playing and practice!
Soedesco didn’t say if the PS4 and Xbox One versions would have any changes over the original PC version, which came out in May 2013.
[Source: PS Blog]