Watch First 18 Minutes of Persona 5, Opening Cinematic, and Learn About New Characters and Dungeon
Last week, Atlus teased that the company would have seven new announcements at their Persona 5 Premium Event via the Niconico livestream earlier today. They had quite a bit to announced indeed, including videos of the Persona 5 opening movie, the first 18 minutes of gameplay, details on a new dungeon, and info on new Cooperation Characters.
If you’re looking to avoid spoilers, don’t go any further, because none of these videos are spoiler-free.
And then here’s the first 18 minutes of Persona 5 gameplay.
Atlus also provided a good number of details on Persona 5‘s seven new Cooperation Characters, which are some of the various people the player will meet. Once the player befriends these characters and builds trust between them, the player can use these characters’ abilities throughout the game.
- Hifumi Togo – Kosei Public High School student and current champion title-holder for the Female Shogi League
- Toranosuke Yoshida – failed politician who likes to literally give soapbox speeches outside of Shibuya Station
- Sadayo Kawakami – teacher at Syujin High School
- Chihaya Mifune – tarot fortune-teller in Shinjuku
- Yuki Mishima – second-year student and volleyball player at Syujin High School
- Shinya Oda – elementary school boy who really enjoys hanging out at an arcade in Akihabara
- Ichiko Oya – gossip reporter
Persona 5 will feature a new dungeon, the Mementos Dungeon, which is a procedurally generated, infinite dungeon separate from the main game. Players will explore the infinite levels while riding Morgana, who can apparently turn into a bus. Quests are also available in the Mementos Dungeon.
Persona 5 will release on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 on February 14, 2016 in the US.