Summon Night 6: Lost Borders Releasing in February 2017, Wonderful Edition Revealed for PS4
Narrowing down the Q1 2017 release window, Gaijinworks announced today that Summon Night 6: Lost Borders will be available in February 2017 in North America and Europe for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita.
They also unveiled the Wonderful Edition for Summon Night 6: Lost Borders on PS4 in North America, which is priced at $149 USD regularly, but from now until September 15 the pre-sale is $129 USD. After October 31, they won’t pre-sell any more Wonderful Editions to ensure manufacturing is completed in time for February.
Here’s what’s included with the Wonderful Edition on PS4, which you can pre-purchase over here:
- PS4 Game with Multi-Sided Coversheet, Full Color Game Manual, and Full Color Disc Label
- Dust-Jacketed, Hardcover 200+ Page Deluxe Art Book that chronicles the Summon Night Series
- Summon Night 6: Lost Borders 32 Track FULL Soundtrack with Full Color Disc Label
- Exclusive 7″ Plush (One of three possible sidekick characters from the game, Pink (shown), Blue, Grey, randomly inserted)
- Exclusive Four PVC Molded Drink Coasters, one for each of the main characters, and one of the game logo
- Exclusive Huge 21″ x 30″ poster (shown folded in picture)
- Exclusive Collector’s Box to hold everything
- Exclusive Serial Numbered Hologram
A PS Vita version of the Wonderful Edition isn’t planned.
The regular edition of Summon Night 6: Lost Borders will be available through retail and digital stores in North America, and through digital stores in Europe. However, Gaijinworks is in talks for a physical release in Europe right now.
Gaijinwork’s Victor Ireland talked about the gameplay in Summon Night 6:
The gameplay is classic Summon Night, but turbocharged and streamlined. The usual strategy grid is displayed when you move, but the characters are free to run anywhere within their movement range without being limited to the squares. The Summon magic is represented here, as expected, as are assists, but there’s a new huge Summon Burst type of attack that unleashes crazy devastation on enemies.
Terrain is expressed in 3D beautifully, as are the characters. And the ever-popular night conversations are available with more characters than ever to help develop strong ties with allies at the end of every chapter. Summon Night 6 also supports cross save, allowing the game to be played on both PS4 and PS Vita. And players will need that edge because the game is a replay beast, with more than a dozen endings to see.
You can read our E3 2016 preview over here.