Destiny Update 2.3.1 Is Live, Fixes Issues
Bungie has said that this update is designed to fix some issues ahead of Rise of Iron on September 20.
2.3.1 is also the last scheduled update for PS3 and Xbox 360, “excluding emergency fixes for future game-breaking issues.”
Check out the patch notes below.
At 10am PT/1pm ET today, Bungie released Destiny update 2.3.1 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. You’ll be required to log in to Destiny again after returning to the title screen to install the patch.
Although you shouldn’t be removed from any activities you’re currently in, once 2pm PT/5pm ET rolls around, anyone still logged in who hasn’t updated to version 2.3.1 will receive a a WEASEL error code, logging you out. After installing the update, you’ll be able to log back in and play as normal.
According to reports, 2.3.1 is a 92MB – 105MB download, depending on your console.
When the patch notes are live, we’ll place them below:
- Fixed an issue where Solar-based Damage-Over-Time (DoT) effects were dealing half their intended damage
- Fixed an issue where the Intellect stat was not generating the correct amount of Super energy
- Fixed an issue where selecting the Electrostatic Mind perk removed the Super regeneration provided by the Intellect stat
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Apotheosis Veil helmet from being accessible in the Exotic Armor Blueprints kiosk
- Fixed an issue that could cause weekly activities from ending earlier than the weekly reset
- Fixed an issue that prevented Legendary Marks from being granted when finishing the “Paradox” and “Lost to Light” missions when they are the featured Daily Story Mission
- Fixed an issue where players with a full Postmaster inventory did not receive the Moments of Triumph book: Players who did not receive their Moments of Triumph book can now find it in the Postmaster
Over on the Help pages, Bungie says interrupting the download of any Destiny update could cause all previous updates to download (18GB on PS4/Xbox One, 10GB on PS3/360). This cannot be undone once it begins.
As a reminder, the PS3 and Xbox 360 will become Legacy Consoles on August 16, meaning they’ll stop receiving major updates.
The next Rise of Iron stream will take place at gamescom 2016, which runs from August 17 to 21.