Darksiders Warmastered Edition Releases on October 25 for PS4, Xbox One, Wii U & PC
After confirming it over the weekend, Nordic Games has announced that the Darksiders remaster for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, and PC is called Darksiders Warmastered Edition, and it launches on October 25 for $19.99 USD/£14.99.
Developed by Kaiko (Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition, Legend of Kay Anniversary), Darksiders Warmastered Edition for consoles includes 1080p resolution, improved and reworked rendering, better shadow rendering quality, post processing effects, and all the texture resolutions have been doubled from the original release. You can also expect it to run at 60 frames-per-second on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, with the Wii U version at 30fps.
Here’s the description for Darksiders:
Deceived by the forces of evil into prematurely bringing about the end of the world, War – the first Horseman of the Apocalypse – stands accused of breaking the sacred law by inciting a war between Heaven and Hell. In the slaughter that ensued, the demonic forces defeated the heavenly hosts and laid claim to the Earth.
Brought before the sacred Charred Council, War is indicted for his crimes and stripped of his powers. Dishonored and facing his own death, War is given the opportunity to return to Earth to search for the truth and punish those responsible.
Hunted by a vengeful group of Angels, War must take on the forces of Hell, forge uneasy alliances with the very demons he hunts, and journey across the ravaged remains of the Earth on his quest for vengeance and vindication.
- Apocalyptic Power – Unleash the wrath of War, combining brutal attacks and supernatural abilities to decimate all who stand in your way
- Extreme Arsenal – Wield a devastating arsenal of angelic, demonic and Earthlyweapons; and blaze a trail of destruction atop Ruin, War’s fiery phantom steed
- Epic Quest – Battle across the wastelands and demon-infested dungeons of the decimated Earth in your quest for vengeance and redemption
- Character Progression – Uncover powerful ancient relics, upgrade your weapons,unlock new abilities, and customize your gameplay style
- Battle Heaven and Hell – Battle against all who stand in your way – from war-weary angelic forces to Hell’s hideous demon hordes
Referencing an earlier leak for the remaster, Nordic Games’ Philipp Brock said, “We had a short-lived epidemic of premature emancipation, causing the affected persons to burp out sensitive info a little sooner than planned, but after a minor surgery and some medication, we got it all under control.”
Nordic Games hasn’t announced a third Darksiders game yet, but they have been teasing it for some time.