Doom Update 2, Double XP Go Live Today After Three Hours of Maintenance
At least on Steam, the update is a 12GB download.
As detailed yesterday, Doom is getting Free Update 2 and its first ever Double XP weekend today. Before either of them arrive though, Bethesda and id are taking Doom’s servers offline for three hours of maintenance from 9am PT/12pm ET to 12pm PT/3pm ET.
Full patch notes aren’t available for the new Doom update yet, but here’s a look at what we know is included so far:
Doom Free Update 2
New Multiplayer Modes
- Exodus is a one-flag capture-the-flag mode with an added twist of constantly moving bases and flags.
- Sector is an objective-based capture-and-hold mode where players compete to take control of zones and then hold them to score points.
- Both modes can be played on any existing or future maps.
- Customizable weapon wheel functionality – so players can carry and select multiple weapons, just like the campaign
- Jump pads with logic to set distance, speed and direction
- 30 brand-new Hell-themed modules
- An expanded weapon list
- A new playable demon – the Mancubus
- Improvements to the Community HUB, editor and logic capabilities
- Tons of optimizations and improvements
The Double XP weekend will begin today as soon as the maintenance ends at 12pm PT/3pm ET.
Next week, id will release Unto the Evil, the first paid multiplayer DLC pack. Priced at $14.99/£11.99/€14.99, it includes three new multiplayer maps, the Harvester demon, the UAC EMG Pistol weapon, the Kinetic Mine, and more.