Sudden Strike 4 Releasing in Q2 2017 for PS4 & PC
The first new game in the series since 2010, Sudden Strike 4 was announced today by Kalypso Media and Kite Games. The World War II real-time strategy title will be available in Q2 2017 for PlayStation 4 and PC/Mac/Linux.
Not a remake or a reboot, but a “fully-fledged sequel,” Sudden Strike 4 will include bigger battlefields, more units, better graphics, new scenarios, and commanders with individual abilities. There’s also 100 units to command, 20+ single-player scenarios, the challenge-focused skirmish mode, a competitive multiplayer mode for up to eight players, and a reward system that offers up skill points and historical film footage of the era to those who are clever and tactical.
Kalypso Media’s Simon Hellwig said:
Kalypso continues its tradition of reviving and invigorating classic titles and IPs, and the excitement surrounding the announce of Sudden Strike 4 cannot be understated. The team at Kite Games consists of many talented individuals with an outstanding pedigree with World War II RTS titles, and the commitment and passion they are pouring into Sudden Strike 4 confirms that Kite Games is the perfect partner to bring this revered series back to the forefront of the RTS community.
The description for Sudden Strike 4 adds:
Developed as a fully-fledged series entry and not a remake or reboot, Sudden Strike 4 sends you off on three extensive campaigns set amongst the battlefields of World War II. Commanding the British and American, German or Soviet troops, you will lead over 100 different units into battle, including the German bomber Heinkel He111, the Russian T-34 tank, the British Hawker Typhoon fighter plane and the notorious German Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger. In a first for the Sudden Strike series, you can now choose from one of nine individual commanders, such as George Patton or Bernard Montgomery, who will each allow for different approaches to combat and boast unique abilities.
- Sudden Strike 4 offers realistic real-time strategy gameplay with tactical depth and a historical setting
- Three campaigns with over 20 missions to test your tactical skills and determining the outcome of significant WWII battles
- As one of nine commanders, lead your army on the battlegrounds of the biggest military conflict in history
- Command more than 100 authentic units – including the Königstiger tank, the Katyusha rocket launcher and the Hawker Typhoon fighter plane
- Pit yourself against other commanders in the competitive multiplayer mode
- The PC version features modding support with Steam Workshop integration
Sudden Strike 4 will be playable at gamescom this month.
A price wasn’t announced for PS4, but it’s up on Steam for $49.99. The Steam description also says it’ll be out on May 5, 2017.