Action RPG Mount & Blade: Warband Coming to PS4 and Xbox One This September
The standalone expansion to Turkish studio TaleWorld Entertainment’s action RPG, Mount & Blade, is coming to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on September 16, according to a press release. Called Warband, the Ankara-based indie studio first released the expansion in 2009 for PC.
At the moment, the press release available only indicates a European release published by Deep Silver. However, a Reddit user has said that TaleWorld will be making an announcement of its own so we should have more information soon. In the meanwhile, here’s some key info courtesy of a Mount & Blade subreddit mod:
- The port will feature slightly up-scaled resources, alongside a few post-processing effects; nothing major in my opinion.
- There will be no modding support.
- There will be no Viking Conquest or Napoleonic Wars.
- The price will stay with the PC version (excluding sales).
- Multiplayer is staying limited to 32-players.
- They will be showing demos of the console port at Gamescom this month.
For those who haven’t played Mount & Blade before, here’s an official description:
In a land torn asunder by incessant warfare, it is time to assemble your own band of hardened warriors and enter the fray. Lead your men into battle, expand your realm, and claim the ultimate prize: the throne of Calradia.
In a genre all its own, come experience the one and only medieval combat / kingdom building sandbox game.
Mount & Blade: Warband is a unique blend of intense strategic fighting, real time army command, and deep kingdom management.
We’ll update our readers when we have more info.