Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Update Today on PS4 & Xbox One Fixes Issues, Re-Orders Playlists
In the new Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 update today on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Treyarch added four Special Contracts to the Black Market, re-ordered the Playlists in the Core Category, and fixed some multiplayer and Zombies issues.
Here’s the full list of patch notes for today’s update, which should show up as 1.15 on PS4:
4 Special Contracts are now available in the Black Market:
- Total Victory: Record 75 wins and earn a Weapon Bribe and a bundle of 10 Rare Supply Drops.
- Mercenary Contract: For the price of 90 Cryptokeys, Players will receive 60 minutes of Blackjack’s time.
- 8-bit Specialist Calling Cards: Earn 1 Calling Card for each Sub-Contract. Complete all 6 and unlock a bonus animated Calling Card.
- Tools of the Trade: Unlock the Underworld Camo for all of your weapons.
With the exception of the Mercenary Contract players can only work towards one Special Contract at a time, so choose your Special Contract wisely. Replacing one Special Contract with another will reset any and all progress achieved towards the initial Special Contract.
- Moved Fracture from the Bonus Category to the Core Category.
Reordered the playlists in the Core Category to the following:
- Team Deathmatch
- Search & Destroy
- Kill Confirmed
- Capture The Flag
- Fixed an issue where bullet holes from a Black Market Epic Taunt would remain onscreen during the scoreboard at the end of a match.
- Fixed an issue involving the “Silent Plant” option in Search & Destroy games.
- Fixed an issue affecting custom colors while switching between being a CODCaster and a Player.
- Vesper: Reduced ADS recoil stability, now closer to where it was before the previous patch.
Dr. Monty’s Factory
- 20 Liquid Divinium product is now available for purchase for 1000 COD Points.
- Addressed a stability issue relating to Alchemical Antithesis GobbleGum.
- Fixed a timing specific loss of functionality when obtaining GobbleGum from a dispenser.
- Increased the equip speed for the Death Machine power up.
- Addressed an instance of persistent FX relating to the Killing Time GobbleGum.
- Fixed various issues relating to the Disorderly Combat GobbleGum.
- Resolved an exploit that allowed players to obtain free points while using the Shopping Free GobbleGum.
- Added various stability and functionality fixes for Theater Mode.
- Fixed an issue relating to text color in the GobbleGum menu in certain languages.
- When spectating another player, the UI will now accurately display content from their main HUD.
- Added Gorod Krovi music to Music Tracks.
Zetsubou No Shima
- Fixed inconsistencies from plant rewards.
- Addressed minor skull weapon issues.
- Addressed areas where player can be pushed out of the map when in Spider bait mode.
- Reduced requirement for the mounted MG-42 trial to 60 kills.
- Improved lighting streaming performance in various areas.
- Addressed several Valkyrie Drone pathing and targeting issues.
- Addressed several areas where a player could maneuver to unintended play space using the Gauntlet of Siegfried.
- Addressed an issue where a player could have an unlimited dragon whelp when entering last stand using the Gauntlet of Siegfried.
- Addressed several Dragon Strike Controller player disconnect issues.
- Adjusted several triggers allowing easier access to the Mystery Box.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to acquire the GKZ-45 Mk 3 from the Mystery Box while another player is riding the dragon with that weapon equipped.
- Fixed an issue where players could acquire a knife which could kill all enemy types with one hit.
Dead Ops Arcade 2: Cyber’s Avengening
- Several game balancing patches have been rolled out since the initial Black Ops 3 launch that have a significant effect on players who have reached well beyond the standard progression range for Dead Ops Arcade 2. In order to allow players to compete fairly in the Dead Ops Arcade 2, a partial Leaderboard reset of entries has been implemented for round numbers greater than and including 85.
Treyarch’s David Vonderhaar said, “As always, rolls up previous hot fixes (more or less) plus whatever is done in code that couldn’t be updated via data. The odds that we change anything gameplay related between now and Champs are slim to none.”
Expect the fourth and final DLC for Black Ops 3 to be revealed in early September.