Verdun Launch Trailer Reminds You It’s the First WW1 Shooter Out on PS4
While Battlefield 1 might be getting all the headlines as the World War 1 shooter this year, first-person shooter fans might want to take a peek at Verdun, which was released last year on PC, and is available now on PS4.
Developed by Blackmill Games and M2H, Verdun is at a 20 percent discount now until September 30. Check out the key features of the game, as well as the transition to console development in the details straight from the press release.
After the release of Verdun on April 2015, the developers started working on a console version together with adaption house; Abstraction Games. The community was excited to see the game development for both Xbox One and PlayStation®4. Today, the first milestone has been achieved by releasing Verdun on the PlayStation®4. An extra mile has been taken by giving the UI an overhaul and enhancing the controls for a seamless console play. Focusing on realism and historical accuracy, this game is not for the light-hearted offering an intense experience of trench warfare In one of the bloodiest wars of human history.
The developers are keen to welcome the PC veterans to the console battlefield and therefore made sure to give out 102 PlayStation®4 store keys within the Steam community. The newbies don’t have to worry, the game includes a game mode against the AI (Squad Defense) to make sure all they receive a good training before entering the gritty battlefields.
As for those who have been waiting patiently for a console version, a shoveling competition just started. Make sure to share ‘your shovel ready for battle’ via Twitter or Facebook with #DiggingVerdun. Try to win a PlayStation®4 key for you or your friend to accompany you in battle, or get yourself a true WW1 shoveling experience by winning a WW1 shovel replica.
The game is available via the PlayStation®4 store with a 25% launch discount if you get the game before September 30 2016.
Verdun key features include:
- Realistic World War 1 gameplay: Authentic weaponry with realistic bullet physics, skill based weapon handling, accurate gore, poisonous gas with a claustrophobic gas mask experience, and ferocious artillery barrages
- Tactical squad-based FPS: Unique squad leveling system, distinct squad types and roles, and voice chat
- True trench warfare: Real-time dynamic frontline with momentum-based attack and counter-attack gameplay
- Authentic World War 1 setting: Typical WW1 music and style, historical battlefields set on the Western Front
- Challenging game modes: Team-based Frontline, tactical Attrition, skill-based Rifle Deathmatch and desperate survival in Squad Defense
Curious how it plays? Check back for our review of Verdun soon to see what we think of it.