Doom Update 3 Out Now Includes Deathmatch, Private Matches
At 9am PT/12pm ET, the Doom servers went offline for three hours of planned maintenance to prep for today’s Free Update 3. When the new Doom update is live on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, you’ll find Deathmatch and Private Matches, as well as improvements and bug fixes.
Here’s the full list of patch notes for today’s update (you can get a look at the new modes in the above trailer or in this Twitch archive):
- Deathmatch – New Deathmatch free-for-all multiplayer mode
- Private Matches – Players can create their own private matches in multiplayer. When setting up your matches, you can determine the modes, maps, length of play time, and other match settings such as turning demons and power weapons off or on.
Fixes and Optimizations
- Fixed an issue where exiting a Classic Map would cause the user to freeze on the Main Menu
- Fixed a progression blocking issue when reloading checkpoint in Blood Keep B while picking up yellow skull in crusher room.
- Fixed the Summoner and Pinky models not being visible under the Collectibles menu.
- Fixed a crash which occurred when reloading Security Switches checkpoint with DOOM Classic Weapon Pose enabled in the Polar Core
- Fixed cases of the Combat Shotgun Pop Rocket mod not tracking progress towards mastery.
- Fixed an issue where dying at the map transition and restarting the map in next level would put your character in a broken state
- Fixed an issue where turning on the Classic Weapon Pose during a weapon examination cut scene would cause a broken state
- Fixed Remote Detonation mastery not incrementing if the player first uses Stun Bomb on enemy targets.
- Fixed an animation issue where the Talisman Guards’ legs would not move.
- Fixed an issue where Mission Select does not accurately reflect the in game status of Dead Man Stalking Challenge in Blood Keep A.
- Various instability issues addressed.
Fixes and Optimizations
- Improved general stability
- Undo/Redo no longer causes memory drops
- Anonymous players now are counted correctly in the map play counts
- AI Path Points now work properly when set to Sprint
- Browser sorting and empty browser are improved
- Weapon switch now has proper key bindings
- Empty Containers can now be picked up
- Weapon On Pick Up logic works when set to On Touched
- Clients are now stopped by Player Blocking Volumes
- Locked doors now properly display a “Locked” message
- Skull keys can be added and removed from Inventory
- Added “Manage by AI Conductor” setting to property settings of additional AI
- Ammo gained from picking up weapons works properly in all cases
- Powercore spawns properly when spawned a map start
- Lost Souls work properly with AI Path points
- Give Armor works properly in all conditions
id Software is also bringing Arcade Mode, a competitive addition to the campaign mode, to Doom later this fall in a free update.