Root Letter Comes to PS4 & PS Vita on October 28 in Europe, November 1 in North America
Visual novel Root Letter is releasing on October 28 in Europe and November 1 in North America for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, PQube announced today. It will be available through both retail and digital stores, with a Pen Pal Edition available at Rice Digital.
Set in Shimane, Root Letter focus on the missing persons case of pen friend, Fumino Aya, 15 years after she allegedly murdered someone and ran away. With the story told through old letters she wrote to you in high school, as well as your own investigation, you’ll have to search for clues and witnesses.
Here’s the list of Root Letter’s features:
- An intense murder mystery set in a gorgeous, real-word, rural Japanese setting
- Stunning Visual Novel artwork from the renowned artist Minoboshi Taro.
- Increased gameplay elements – search for clues, present evidence and explore environments.
- Travel freely around Shimane, visiting real world locations and interviewing suspects.
- Interrogation mode allows you to present evidence to characters and catch them out in lies.
- Unravel the truth from your pen friend’s letters – was she telling the truth, was she even real?
- Make difficult choices as you straddle an investigation spanning 15 years.
- Five different endings with wildly different routes, for a huge level of replayability.
- Incredible Soundtrack from composer Takashi Nitta and lead voice actor role for Noriko Hidaka (Ranma)
PQube adds that Root Letter includes Japanese voice acting and English language subtitles.