Wasteland 3 Over 60% Funded in Its First Day, Release Slated for Q4 2019
Announced last week for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, Wasteland 3 is now up on crowdfunding platform Fig, seeking $2.75 million. In its first 18 hours, Wasteland 3 already had $1.7 million pledged from nearly 7,200 backers, all but guaranteeing it will be fully funded this week.
If you want a digital copy of Wasteland 3 for PlayStation 4 or Xbox One as part of the Fig campaign, you’ll have to spend $51. InXile Entertainment explained why console gamers have to spend $18 more than PC players:
We are able to generate our own game codes for Windows, Mac, and Linux, but we have to pay for console codes. We want to put as much of our money raised into the game as we can, but we also want to give you the opportunity to get a console copy cheaper than you otherwise could. We decided to add that console copies as an add-on for a wholesale price. Add it, and you will get both PC (Windows, Mac, and Linux), plus a console copy (Xbox One or PS4) – not to mention whatever other rewards you are due!
According to the estimated delivery date for rewards, Wasteland 3 will launch in Q4 2019. It will be released simultaneously on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
By pledging $20 or more in the first 48 hours of the Wasteland 3 campaign, you’ll receive a free Steam copy of either UnderRail or Stasis.
Beginning shortly after the end of Wasteland, Wasteland 3 puts you in the shoes of the sole survivor of Team November, a Ranger squad sent to frozen Colorado. Here’s what to expect:
Wasteland 3 is a party-based roleplaying game, playable in single-player or multiplayer, with a renewed focus on reactivity and strategic combat.
- Multi-Player: Playable in single- and multiplayer experiences.
- Combat: Deep turn-based combat, evolving on Wasteland 2’s strategic options and unique encounter design. By including vehicles, environmental dangers, and a revamped, more fluid action system, Wasteland 3 evolves from Wasteland 2’s deep tactical turn-based combat and unique encounter design.
- Gameplay: For the first time, players can play by themselves or with friends in a story-driven synchronous or asynchronous multiplayer experience. Choices open up mission opportunities, areas to explore, story arcs, and tons of other content.
- Ranger Base: Your Ranger Base is a core part of the experience. As you help the local people and establish a reputation in Colorado, quests and narrative will force you to make decisions on how to lead.
- Environment: The game will be set in the savage lands of frozen Colorado, where survival is difficult and a happy outcome is never guaranteed. Players will face difficult moral choices and make sacrifices that will change the game world.
- Storyline: Wasteland 3 will feature a deep and engaging story utilizing a newly-revamped dialog tree system from the celebrated writers of Torment: Tides of Numenera.
You can learn more about the party-based role-playing game by watching the above videos and checking out the Fig campaign.
Will you be backing Wasteland 3?