UK Sales Chart: FIFA 17 Repeats at #1, Mafia III Debuts in 2nd
Even with a 79% drop, FIFA 17 was able to repeat at #1 in the UK. It finished just ahead of newcomer Mafia III, which sets a new franchise record after outselling Mafia II‘s launch week by nearly 59%.
As for some of the other new releases on the chart, Paper Mario: Color Splash opened in 14th, Ride 2 placed in 20th, and Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide finished in 34th.
Here’s the top 20 best-selling games through retail stores in the UK for the week ending October 8, 2016, according to GfK Chart-Track:
- FIFA 17 (down 79%)
- Mafia III
- Forza Horizon 3 (down 71%)
- Grand Theft Auto V (down 1%)
- Rocket League (down 18%)
- BioShock: The Collection (down 43%)
- XCOM 2 (down 40%)
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2017
- Fallout 4
- Minecraft: Xbox Edition
- Destiny: The Collection
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Paper Mario: Color Splash
- NBA 2K17 (down 50%)
- LEGO Dimensions
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Minecraft: PlayStation Edition
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
- Ride 2
Do you think Gears of War 4 will be able to outsell Rise of the Tomb Raider, Dragon Quest Builders, WWE 2K17, and all of the PlayStation VR launch titles this week?