Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Update Today on PS4 & Xbox One Includes Fixes
A 1.9GB or 2.8GB download, depending on your platform, a new Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 update is now available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Fixing issues in both multiplayer and Zombies, here’s the full list of patch notes for today’s update on PS4:
Ongoing improvements to overall game stability and network performance:
- Identified and eliminated various behind-the-scenes errors which contributed to in-game hitching.
- Streamlined the way textures load into the match to improve streaming performance and reduce hitching.
- Added additional logging to assist with debugging difficult-to-reproduce hitching reported by community members.
- Addressed an issue where certain promotional pop-ups incorrectly appeared.
- Wraith Scorestreaks will properly target enemy Manticores.
- Fixed a rare bug where players would spawn into a Zombies match with a white screen.
- Fixed a bug which caused a promotional banner to stretch across a large portion of the screen in Dr. Monty’s Factory.
- Improved stability with splitscreen matches on Revelations.
- Addressed an issue which caused a fatal error at high rounds.
- Fixed a fatal error associated with the Lightning Dark Arena challenge.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to interact with the Keeper Protector Altar.
- Resolved issues where players would die when standing in specific locations in the map.
- Fixed various map exploits associated with the low gravity section in the Undercroft.
- Fixed an issue where the DG-4 would fail to recharge.
- Fixed an issue with picking up the Summoning Key while a Pack-a-Punched weapon is equipped.
Over on Twitter, Treyarch’s David Vonderhaar said, “18 (ish) major updates; 100s of minor updates; 16 MP maps; 4 ZM maps. +More. Thanks for a great post-launch year.” He then added, “Things will probably slow down from here, but we aren’t totally done either.”
Calling it the ultimate XP event, Treyarch is running 2XP and 2X Weapon XP in Black Ops 3 through Thursday, October 20. They’ll be doing the same thing again next week from October 24 to 31.