The Elder Scrolls Online Update 1.18 Today on PS4 & Xbox One Is Over 18GB (Update)
Update: You can read up on all of the changes with today’s update over here. If you’re curious about the newly added PS4 Pro support, The Elder Scrolls Online will support two graphics modes – 4K mode and 1080p enhanced mode:
- This includes all of the graphical features available on the original PlayStation 4, and the game is scaled to 4k resolution.
- This is the default when the PS4 Pro is hooked up to a display that supports 4k resolution.
1080p Enhanced Mode
This includes all of the graphical features available on the original PlayStation 4, and also includes the following graphical enhancements:
- Ambient occlusion
- Water reflections
- Improved shadow fidelity
Original Story: Official patch notes aren’t available yet since the game is still undergoing maintenance, but The Elder Scrolls Online update 1.18 is now available to download on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Adding One Tamriel and much more, the biggest free update yet for TESO is 18.2GB on PS4 and 23GB on Xbox One.
Asked why the console patch is so much bigger than the PC update that added One Tamriel, ZeniMax’s Gina Bruno said, “Each time we make an update on consoles, the patches are additive due to how the patching tech works for first party. This is why there’s such a large disparity between PC and console patch sizes.”
We’ll update this post once full patch notes are available, but for now, here’s what to expect in today’s update:
- One Tamriel – For the first time you’ll be able to explore any zone in Tamriel, in any order, regardless of your level or alliance.
- Craglorn Re-Design — You can now solo in this group-friendly environment.
- Dungeon updates — Normal and Veteran Modes have been added.
- Dueling — Challenge your friends or foes and test your mettle in one-on-one combat.
- New Weapon Ultimates — Master your weapon of choice and get new Ultimate abilities.
- Undaunted Pledge System Updates — New daily pledges and valuable rewards.
- Itemization updates — Items will now scale to your level everywhere in the world.
PS4 Pro support should also be included today.