Hell Followed DLC Comes to Doom on October 27, Includes Three New Maps
With support likely added in the previous 19GB game update, Bethesda and id Software have announced that the Hell Followed DLC for Doom is releasing on October 27 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
The second of three planned DLC packs in the $39.99 USD Season Pass (it’s $14.99 separately), Hell Followed adds new multiplayer content in the form of three new maps, one new playable demon, a new weapon, a new equipment item, and new armor sets, taunts, and Hack Modules.
Here’s what you’ll find in Hell Followed:
Dominate Three New Multiplayer Maps
- Argent Breach – Battle among ancient burial ruins of the Night Sentinels, where statues of heroes past overlook the machinery of a fallen society.
- Molten – Clash in a world littered with volcanic temples and fight inside a crumbling facility dedicated to harnessing energy from the lava that envelopes the entire planet.
- Orbital – Fight in low gravity aboard a robotic station in deep space. Surprise opponents from above, but be careful not to fall into the vastness of space below.
Play as the Cacodemon
- Become the iconic flying demon. Roast your enemies by shooting ball-lightning, or devour them up close with a grabbing tongue attack.
Equip the Reaper
- Use this demonic weapon recovered from the depths of Hell. Fire six rapid-fire bursts of Hell energy at your target, or press and hold the trigger to fire a highly damaging Hell energy shot.
Find Your Enemies with Threat Pulse
- Activate this UAC targeting technology to “pulse” the area around you, highlighting enemies in close proximity and through walls.
Customize Your Marine with Cyberdemonic Armor
- Embrace the unnatural melding of flesh and steel with Cyberdemon-inspired armor for your marine.
You can see a short preview of Hell Followed at the :44 mark of the above video.
There’s five Silver Trophies to unlock in Hell Followed, and they ask you to detect 20 enemies using the Threat Pulse, kill 10 enemies with Cacodemon, kill 10 enemies with the Reaper, play a multiplayer match with a piece of Cyber-Demonic armor equipped, and use a taunt from the DLC pack during a multiplayer match.
Will you be getting Hell Followed?