Respawn Lists Titanfall 2 Tips to Help You Start Out
With Titanfall 2, Respawn is introducing PlayStation gamers to not only a new franchise, but a whole new way to play online multiplayer shooters. There’s no scorestreak or killstreaks, you can’t really camp and expect to dominate, and oh, there’s big mechs lumbering around trying to take your head off.
Respawn Entertainment Community Manager Jay Frechette has taken to the official PlaySation Blog to dole out 14 Titanfall 2 tips that should help aspiring Pilots do well.
For new players, here a few general tips to get you ready for Titanfall 2 multiplayer.
- Titanfall is all about speed. Use Wallrun, Slide, and Double Jump to traverse hard to reach areas of the map. Use your mobility to create new flanking routes and unexpected angles of attack. Enemies expect you to keep your boots on the ground — surprise them.
- Many weapons are reliable when fired from the hip. Aim down sights for accuracy when you need it, but stay mobile when you don’t!
- Get kills, complete objectives, and steal batteries to speed up your Titan Timer and call in your Titan quicker.
- Networks are a great way to find and play new friends based on your interests and goals. Make sure to take some time to search for a Network that’s right for you or start your own!
Now that we have the general tips out of the way, here are a few more for first-time Pilots:
- Hold down the grenade throw button to “cook” your grenade before throwing it. Tap Triangle to cancel the throw.
- Each weapon has it’s own feel, and situations that it excels in. Some reward careful distance fighting, others are great for point-blank attacks.
- The Pulse Blade ability reveals enemies to both you and your friends. Sometimes the right intel at the right time makes all the difference.
- The Arc Grenade slows pilots and titans down, giving you a chance to outmaneuver them.
- Avoid overheating the LSTAR, and you’ll never have to reload it.
- Watch your radar for enemy activity; they’ll reveal their locations when they fire their weapons.
Ready to kick it up a notch? Try some of these advanced techniques to become a veteran Pilot:
- Canceling a Frag grenade throw will drop and roll it at your feet, ready to explode. Use this to surprise anyone chasing or lurking below you.
- Give a friendly titan a battery as you ride on top, and the shield that generates will protect you as long as it lasts.
- Use your slide move to boost around corners, catching enemies off guard and making yourself a smaller target.
- Set up your Titan with an Assault Chip and Warpfall for an insta-drop cavalry. Let it mop up your enemies as you go for the match objective.
If you found those useful, make sure to check out our other Titanfall 2 guides. In case you’re still on the fence about the shooter, go read our review and see why we gave it a very glowing 9/10 score.
[Source: PlaySation Blog]