Battlezone Update 1.02 Adds PS4 Pro Support, Free Campaign DLC on the Way
Adding PlayStation 4 Pro support, balance changes, and bug fixes to the PlayStation VR title, Battlezone update 1.02 was released today by Rebellion. If you play Battlezone on a PS4 Pro after the new system launches on November 10, you’ll find increased super-sampling resolution, increased reflective lighting resolution, and improved dynamic lighting in the Cobra cockpit.
With Rebellion calling Battlezone a “critical and commercial success” just two weeks after launch, they’ve announced that free campaign content is in the works. A release window wasn’t given, but they did say, “There is PLENTY in store for the community to look forward to across the coming weeks and months, including FREE DLC. So… stay tuned!”
Here’s the full patch notes for today’s update:
Added PS4 Pro Support
- Increased super-sampling resolution
- Improved dynamic lighting in the Cobra cockpit
- Increased reflective lighting resolution
- Defend and Convoy missions are more balanced
- Difficulty randomization more even throughout campaign
- Enemy rank scaling more balanced throughout campaign
Bug, Performance Fixes, Other Changes
- Improved clarity of particle effects
- Fixed a rare framerate hitch during hangar sequence
- Fixed rare physics issue that caused players to leave game world
- Minor enemy behaviour tweaks
Expect more PlayStation VR titles to receive PS4 Pro support in the future, as Sony is asking developers to take advantage of the hardware.
Our review of Battlezone will go live soon.