Big New Hitman Update Arrives Alongside Episode 6: Hokkaido Today
To go along with the release of Episode 6: Hokkaido today, Io-Interactive has released a new Hitman update on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC that makes numerous improvements and fixes issues. The update is around 5GB to 8GB, depending on your platform, while the new episode is 6GB to 7GB, depending on your platform.
Here’s what you’ll find with today’s Hitman update:
- Target Images on Loading Screen – The images of targets are now shown on the loading screens. These are not shown for Escalation Contracts and other objectives are not displayed.
- Checkmarks added to Target Kill Conditions – When viewing the objectives for a contract, targets will now have a checkmark next to the optional kill conditions for weapon and disguise to indicate if they have been achieved, or not.
- Debriefing Screen shows Objectives Information – The scoring screen now displays a count of how many objectives have been completed. Example: “All objectives completed (8/9)”
- Improvements to Gear and Weapon Lists – Gear and weapons are now listed in categories, rather than tabs. This should make it easier to find specific items. This can be seen when viewing the Loadout, Career and Agency pickup pages.
- Mini Map ‘North’ Indicator – Added a new option that allows players to toggle a ‘North Indicator’ on the mini-map.
- The HUD now displays a detailed ‘Visibly Armed’ status – The game now shows which item or weapon is considered to be ‘illegal’.
- Kill Types in Inventory – The in-game inventory now displays the kill condition of each item. For example, a screwdriver will show ‘Lethal Melee’ and ‘Lethal Throw’. This is useful for identifying which item can be used for specific kill condition requirements.
- Contracts Mode: Tagging Targets – When creating a Contract, it is now possible to unmark a target from the Notebook page. This is to allow players to unmark a target that may have been bodybagged or otherwise unable to be unmarked using the in-game camera view.
- Contracts: My History – Players can now see all the contracts that they have played, sorted by most recently played, in a new ‘My History’ menu.
- ‘Contracts’ Page Adjustments – The Contracts Tab has been adjusted to only show options for Contracts Mode. As such, Escalation Contracts, Elusive Targets and Sarajevo 6 (PS4 only) have been moved to the respective page in the ‘Destinations’ Tab. Elusive Targets can also be viewed as a group via the ‘Career’ tab.
- Featured Hub Adjustments – The Featured Hub will now display the most recently played Story Mission, rather than the most recently released Story Mission.
- General Menu/UI Improvements – Added general improvements to displaying content in the menus, across the game.
- Improved performance with Suspend/Standby modes on consoles – Reconnecting to the game’s servers after the console has previously been in a suspend or standby state for an extended time will be more consistent.
- General fixes related to initial server sign-in – Fixed an issue that was frequently causing players to ‘timeout’ when attempting to connect to the game servers. Typically, this was affecting players that frequently restarted sessions in quick succession.
- Fixed an issue that could cause opportunity steps to remain on screen when switching between opportunities.
- Fixed an issue where General Zaydan would sometimes not react to Strandberg’s dead body. [Marrakesh, A Gilded Cage]
- Fixed a naming inconsistency in the Lydon Gyration Escalation Contract.
- Fixed an issue where 47 could get stuck in the environment after loosing the valve on specific gas tanks. [Freedom Fighters, Colorado]
- Fixed an issue where ‘subdue’ and ‘inject poison’ prompts could overlap.
- Fixed issues that could occur after loading a save during the combat state.
- Some sounds were still audible when all sounds were muted in the menu. Now they are not.
- Fixed various issues on multiple locations that could cause NPCs to ‘teleport’ when performing specific actions.
- Made adjustments to opportunities in Paris, so that the reveal and actions of NPCs are more consistent with expected behaviour.
- Fixed an issue with ‘Down the Rabbit Hole’ opportunity in Marrakesh that would prevent it from being completed.
As for Episode 6: Hokkaido, it includes the new Situs Inversus story mission, seven new Guided Opportunities for Situs Inversus, 20 levels of Hokkaido Mastery, the new VIP patient suit, 70+ specific challenges, seven new Tropgies/Achievements, and a new The Sarajevo Six contract on PS4. You can learn more about the season finale in the above trailer.
Looking ahead, another game update is expected within the next couple of weeks, adding a new reward system for Elusive Targets, more suit unlocks, and new ways to unlock the suits. November will also see Elusive Target #13: The Ex-Dictator, 10 featured Contracts, Elusive Target #14 in Paris, an Escalation Contract, and Elusive Target #15 in Marrakesh.
Io-Interactive Studio Head Hannes Seifert hinted at the future of Hitman:
It was a brave decision to go fully digital episodic with Hitman, fundamentally changing how we make the game, and for us it has been a major success. I want to say a big thank you to all the players for making this possible! Together we’ve built and run the biggest and most replayable locations of any Hitman game and added new live content every single week since launch. And although we’re now completing season one, this is only the beginning for our ever expanding World of Assassination.
The complete first season of Hitman will be released at retail on January 31, 2017.