Overwatch Hero Sombra Confirmed in New Animated Short, Abilities Revealed
At BlizzCon today, Blizzard officially revealed Overwatch hero Sombra, who will be coming to the Public Test Region on PC next week. In the new Infiltration animated short today, you’ll get to see Sombra in action.
“Infiltration follows Reaper, Widowmaker, and Sombra as they attempt to assassinate a high-priority target,” the video’s description adds. “But, when the operation doesn’t go as planned, the Talon agents are forced improvise…”
Sombra’s Hero page is also live, revealing that her role is offense and she carries a difficulty of three stars. Here’s a look at her description and abilities:
Stealth and debilitating attacks make Sombra a powerful infiltrator. Her hacking can disrupt her enemies, ensuring they’re easier to take out, while her EMP provides the upper hand against multiple foes at once. Sombra’s ability to Translocate and camouflage herself makes her a hard target to pin down.
- Machine Pistol – Sombra’s fully-automatic machine pistol fires in a short-range spread.
- Hack – Sombra hacks enemies to temporarily stop them from using their abilities, or hacks first aid kits to make them useless to her opponents.
- Thermoptic Camo – Sombra becomes invisible for a short period of time, during which her speed is boosted considerably. Attacking, using offensive abilities, or taking damage disables her camouflage.
- Translocator – Sombra tosses out a translocator beacon. She can instantly return to the beacon’s location while it is active (including when it’s in mid-flight).
- EMP – Sombra discharges electromagnetic energy in a wide radius, destroying enemy barriers and shields and hacking all opponents caught in the blast.
Sombra’s biography adds that she’s 30 years old, a hacker, and her base of operations is Dorado, Mexico.
A release date for Sombra on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One wasn’t given.
If you’re headed to BlizzCon, Sombra is playable.
Also at BlizzCon, Blizzard confirmed that the new Eco Point map and arcade mode (allows for 1v1 and 3v3 matches) will be available in the PTR next week, alongside Sombra. Then, in December, the Oasis map will hit the PTR.