Overwatch: Sombra Origin Story Introduced in New Trailers, Arcade Mode Explained
After several teases and reports, Blizzard Entertainment finally revealed Overwatch‘s next hero, Sombra, yesterday at BlizzCon 2016. While we’ve already shared information on her abilities, the developer has released two new videos showing the character in action and introducing her origin story. You can check them out below.
During the event, Blizzard also announced a new Arcade mode for the game. While official details are still short at the time, Kotaku has managed to round up some info from the event, which does a good job at explaining how the new mode will work.
- Mystery Duel: A 1v1 best-of-five duel where a hero is randomly selected for you and your opponent—the same hero for both. Overwatch’s new “Eco-Point Antarctica” map, which is smaller than other maps (and Mei’s home base), will make it easier for heroes to face off one-on-one.
- Elimination: A 3v3 best-of-five brawl where, when your hero dies, they are dead—with a single-hero limit. Make sure you have a Mercy!
- Mystery Heroes: A 6v6 brawl that takes place on normal Quick Play maps, with regular rules, but you’re not allowed to pick which hero you have.
- No Limits: Here, you can have the six-Genji battle you always wanted. And I won’t have to deal with it. It’s basically Quick Play, as it is now. And I will avoid it.
- All Brawls: “Super Shimada Bros.,” “We’re All Soldiers Now,” and other old and new Brawls will be available here as a “playlist.” My favorite is the one that only takes place on Ilios’ Well point with Roadhogs and Lucios.
We’ll continue to update our readers as and when more details come in.
Are you looking forward to Overwatch‘s new additions?