PSLS  •  News

CD Projekt RED Denies Takeover Reports, Says It’s Only Deploying Safety Measures

November 10, 2016 Written by Zarmena Khan

the-witcher-3-555x328

Last week, CD Projekt RED’s call for an extraordinary shareholders’ meeting ended up in investors and Polish media speculating that the Witcher series developer might be under threat of a hostile takeover. Quite a few folks even went as far as guessing potential buyers, with names such as Electronic Arts and Vivendi popping up here and there. However, CD Projekt RED has denied those reports and have said that it’s only deploying safety measures to protect itself in the future should there be a potential threat. In a statement to Wccftech, the studio said:

It [the rumor] emerged after the Board suggested introducing a voting cap during the upcoming shareholder meeting. However, the proposal is not a reaction to any current events affecting CD PROJEKT. Rather, it is meant as insurance against future hypothetical scenarios which may never materialize. We wish to safeguard the interests of minority shareholders in a hypothetical case where a major shareholder emerges, professing a business and strategic vision which conflicts with ours.

Perhaps, CD Projekt RED has taken notes from the Ubisoft/Vivendi fiasco here, which is a good thing.

[Source: Wccftech]