Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds, Mary Skelter: Nightmares Coming to PS Vita in 2017
At a recent press event, Idea Factory International announced that Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds and Mary Skelter: Nightmares for PlayStation Vita are both coming to North America and Europe in 2017.
Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds, a remastered telling of the Hakuoki visual novel series, is scheduled for spring 2017. According to the official website, it will have the original Japanese voiceovers, English subtitles, and be compatible with PlayStation TV.
Here’s the description:
This remastered telling of the beloved visual novel Hakuoki series (first developed and released in 2008) focuses on the story set in Kyoto. The young Chizuru, determined to find her father, will romance the famous samurai of Shinsengumi through a series of engaging stories and dramatic events.
- 12 Handsome Bachelors – Fall in love as these 12 bachelors battle for your heart in this historical fantasy!
- Over 80 Hours of Romance – With over 30 different endings, immerse yourself in the world of Hakuoki through its compelling tale of romance, friendship, and betrayal!
- Beauty at Your Fingertips – Fluid animation and vibrant art breathes life into this climatic era in Japan’s history! Then, view all of the art in a gorgeous photo gallery.
Mary Skelter: Nightmares is a turn-based dungeon-crawling releasing in summer 2017. Along with PlayStation TV support and English subtitles, it will include both Japanese and English voiceovers.
The description reads:
Beware! The Nightmare monster stalks you as you navigate this dungeon-crawling RPG. Stand your ground, or use traps to slow down the insatiable monsters and escape to fight another day.
You’ll fight in turn-based battles and can boost up your allies with blood transformations. If you solve the dungeons’ mysteries and satisfy the prison’s desires, you just might make it out alive…
- Walking Nightmares – The dungeon-crawling RPG genre gets a twist when special enemies can chase you through the dungeons! Lay traps to make your escape, or try to face them down!
- Blood-drenched Transformations! – Characters can transform with stronger stats and extra skills, but if they fight too much they may enter Blood Skelter Mode, where they go completely berserk!
- Everyone’s got a Job – Strategize your dungeon battles by assigning different classes to your characters, unlocking new skills, stats, and character portraits!
Although not specifically mentioned by Idea Factory, it appears both titles will be released physically.