Valhalla Hills: Definitive Edition Launches on February 28, 2017 for PS4 & Xbox One
The console version of the 2015 PC title, Valhalla Hills: Definitive Edition is launching on January 27, 2017 in Europe and February 28, 2017 in North America for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Kalypso Media and Daedalic Entertainment announced today.
Available through retail and digital stores for $39.99 USD, Valhalla Hills: Definitive Edition includes the main game, two DLC packs – Sand of the Damned and Fire Mountains – and an exclusive map type, The Dwarf Cave.
A “classic build-up game,” Valhalla Hills sees Leko, the youngest son of Odin, exiled to Midgard after failing to meet his father’s expectations. Partnering up with a band of recently-deceased Vikings, you have to guide them through the world to reach a magical portal that will take you to the realm of the gods.
To get there, you’ll need to use building and management skills as you play on randomly-generated maps with full day/night cycles. “Control of the Vikings is indirect – these bearded citizens have minds of their own, so you will influence their actions with general commands rather than controlling any one specific unit at a time,” the description adds. “Guide your mighty followers into gathering food, wood and other resources, all while defending their fledgling camp.”
The features list adds:
- Build and manage a thriving Viking settlement with over 35 buildings
- Conquer massive mountainside landscapes and face dangerous foes like Ice Giants, Lava Crawler or Mummies.
- Play on snow-covered slopes, barren sand dunes, fiery volcanoes or in gloomy caves.
- The console versions include the DLC Sand of the Damned and Fire Mountains, as well as a new exclusive map type – The Dwarf Cave.
- Randomly generated maps, day and night cycles and a well-balanced economic system provide endless challenges and variety.
As Steam details, Sand of the Damned forces you to survive in the desert, while Fire Mountains adds the volcanic mountains on lava terrain type.