Battlefield 1 Adds Hardcore Mode, Battlefest Begins
This week marks the start of Battlefest, a 12 day celebration of all thing Battlefield 1, and to celebrate the game is getting a major update. Players can now play the game’s Hardcore mode where players will not be assisted by a mini-map or a crosshair. It’ll be all up to the player’s natural skill. Also added was a Fog of War mode, which gives player’s limited sight.
Battlefest lasts until November 27, and until then players can participate in a bunch of events, missions and the ability to earn exclusive dog tags. Here’s what to expect from the rest of this week’s activities according to the official website:
Thursday, November 17
- PTFO Battlefest Mission: Complete this Battlefield 1 mission and you will receive the PTFO weapon skin. Play Battlefield 1 on three different days during Battlefest and win a match in Operations to succeed.
- Road to Battlefield 1 Mission: This is for the Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline players. Get 25 kills with the M1911 in either game to get the Road to Battlefield 1 Dog Tag and the M1911 Incarcerator weapon skin in Battlefield 1*.
- Battlefest Battlepack Update: A new and Battlefest-branded revision of Battlepacks will be available.
Friday, November 18
- Black Friday Sale: Get a great deal on Battlefield 1 and other EA games at your favorite online distributor.
- #FridayNightBattlefield Battlefest: Want to melee a Battlefield 1 developer? We’ve prepped a ton of servers for this special #FridayNightBattlefield and an exclusive Friday Night Dog Tag will be handed out at this event.
- 2XP Event:Battlefield Hardline and Battlefield 4 players will get double XP when playing on November 18.
Sunday, November 20
- Battlefest Community Videos: Learn to PTFO by some of the most renowned Battlefield community members.
Hardcore mode is now available in Battlefield 1.
Let us know in the comments below if you’ll be participating in Battlefest!