Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls Comes to PS4 in Summer 2017
Originally released in 2015 for PlayStation Vita (our review), Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to PlayStation 4 in summer 2017 in North America and Europe. Available both physically and digitally, Ultra Despair Girls is a spin-off action-adventure game that connects Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair.
As NIS America’s online store shows, the standard edition is priced at $29.99 USD, while the Limited Edition is $54.99 USD and includes the following items:
- Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (PlayStation 4)
- 32 page, hardcover art book
- 15 track, single disc original soundtrack with jewel case
- Collector’s box
- Warriors of Hope 4.5″ Diameter Tie Clip
- Warriors of Hope Pin
- Kurokuma Tie
- Kurokuma Eyepatch
According to NIS America, Ultra Despair Girls is a port of the PlayStation Vita game and will include all of the content found in the Vita release.
Here’s the description:
Komaru Naegi is a normal girl, the kind you can find anywhere. She was taken from her family and imprisoned in an apartment during The Tragedy. Even after a year and a half, she has not managed to escape. Komaru has almost completely abandoned hope and has grown to accept her imprisoned life. But one morning, she was forced to learn an even deeper despair when someone suddenly broke down her front door. But it wasn’t a hero or a savior…
It was a Monokuma.
After escaping from the merciless Monokuma, Komaru is surprised to see the outside world, a world she hasn’t seen in one and a half years. It has become a world of despair, where children controlling Monokumas ruthlessly hunt down adults. Her only hope of survival is the Hacking Gun, given to her by a mysterious stranger, and a girl by the name of Toko Fukawa.
- Our Two Heroines – The protagonists of this adventure are two girls, Komaru Naegi and Toko Fukawa. They meet under strange circumstances in Towa City, a city ruled by despair, and end up unlikely traveling companions. Komaru, with her megaphone-like Hacking Gun, and Toko, with her other personality Genocide Jack, are ready to face any assault despair sends their way.
- Hacking Gun – The Hacking Gun is a special weapon that can shoot 8 different kinds of Truth Bullets including “Move,” “Dance,” and “Break.” Each bullet has a unique effect on Monokumas, and some even interact with the environment. In addition to taking down Monokumas, there are also puzzles, riddles, and rewards for exploration.
- Towa City – Towa City, the setting for the game, is ruled by Towa Group, a global IT corporation with cutting-edge technology. The town is built on an island of reclaimed land, and includes Towa Group’s head office, skyscrapers, factories, and businesses. Towa Group is widely respected for contributing to the effort to rebuild the world, most notably by developing the air purifier that has been effective at cleaning the air after The Tragedy.
- Monokumas and Monokuma Kids – White and black bear-shaped robots, also known as “Monokumas,” have suddenly appeared in Towa City to attack adults. In addition, children wearing Monokuma helmets called “Monokuma Kids” have been rioting and terrorizing the adults in the town alongside the Monokumas.
If you want more Danganronpa, don’t forget that Danganronpa 1&2 Reload is coming to PS4 in early 2017.