Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy, A Rose in the Twilight Heading to PS Vita in 2017
NIS America has announced that Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy and A Rose in the Twilight are coming to PlayStation Vita in spring 2017, and both of them will be available physically and digitally.
The sequel to Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy, Operation Babel is a dungeon-crawling RPG where you defend near-future Tokyo from a new threat. The standard edition is priced at $39.99 USD, while the Limited Edition is $59.99 USD through NIS America’s Online Store. The extra $20 gets you a deluxe softcover art book, 16-track soundtrack, tear-resistant poster, clear file folder, and collector’s box.
In addition to Japanese voices and English subtitles, here’s what to expect from Operation Babel:
When a mysterious object – dubbed ‘the Embryo’ – appears in the sky, the CPA and the Xth Squad are mobilized to face the new threat. Venture into challenging new labyrinths and create the perfect team to challenge each threat. Featuring a mysterious new story, unprecedented character customization through the new ‘Sub-Blood’ system, and itembased character ability modifications, Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy will give you a world to lose yourself in.
- Extensive Character Customization – Expanding on Operation Abyss’ Blood Code system, you’ll now be able to assign characters supplemental Blood Codes to create hybrid job classes.
- Item-Attached Skills and Spells – Add new skills and spells to perfect your squad by equipping items that bring with them new abilities.
- Balanced Challenge and Reward – With the return of the Rise & Drop system you’ll be able to recover increasingly powerful drops – if you’re willing to risk increasingly powerful enemies.
- A New Operation to Complete – After a short period of peace in near-future Tokyo, dive into the battlefield once again and continue the story of the Xth Squad in a new mysterious adventure.
From the creator of htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary, A Rose in the Twilight is a puzzle platformer that’ll cost $19.99 USD for the standard edition and $39.99 USD for the Limited Edition, which includes a collector’s box, soft cover art book, 15-track soundtrack, double-sided rose rubber strap, and a giant stress ball. In Europe, only the Limited Edition will be available at retail, and it will be up for pre-order exclusively on the NISA Europe Online Store soon.
Here’s the description:
A girl awakens in a castle void of color and time, affixed with the Curse of Thorns upon her back. After meeting a sleeping giant, the two work together to escape. Help them unravel the mystery of the thorns and the history behind the somber castle.
In A Rose in the Twilight, use Rose’s power to absorb blood and transfer it to static objects. By doing so, colorless objects become red and regain the essence of time. You will also need to make use of the giant’s super strength by lifting and throwing objects to clear your path.
Every stage is a puzzle waiting to be pieced together. The further you get, the harder it becomes, but the greater the risk, the bigger the reward. Discover how to solve each stage as you delve deeper into the story’s grim origins.
- Color & Time – Without color and time, the player cannot progress, but with Rose’s power you can take advantage of both these key elements.
- Blood Memories – Splatters of blood are waiting to be found all throughout the castle, and each one contains a gruesome death.
- Visual Storytelling – Collect Blood Memories to unlock the past by watching a series of vignettes pieced together by each victim’s death.
- Live, Die, Repeat – Utilize both Rose’s and the giant’s power to solve each stage, but if death happens to cut your journey short, be careful not to make the same mistake twice.
Operation Babel and A Rose in the Twilight are also coming to PC in spring 2017.